lifting 100 gallon square diesel tank from truck with bobcat

/ lifting 100 gallon square diesel tank from truck with bobcat #11  
Rather than put it on a skid, make it skid-mounted. Then you will never have worries about it slipping off.

Build an angle iron frame for the perimeter of your tank to capture it and bolt this assembly to two 4x4 runners. No welding to the tank is necessary and the bottom of your tank will always be off the ground increasing longevity.

Here is a skid I built for my welder. Same concept...

Adjustments.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg

and a base under a 500 pound pseudo anvil..
Adjustments.jpg

/ lifting 100 gallon square diesel tank from truck with bobcat
I tried the strap thing with some of my recovery straps and it just twirled around and then got lopsided. I cant get forks for my bobcat since its a 1990 gen 1 and they stopped making the attachments 20 years ago. Maybe i will do a dolly the problem being the lift table is narrower than the tank. I dont want to put it on my trailer, because then i have to hook it up to get gas and then i have the same problem of taking it off. I will post some pics later today

/ lifting 100 gallon square diesel tank from truck with bobcat #13  
Do they make a set of slip on forks that will fit your bucket?

/ lifting 100 gallon square diesel tank from truck with bobcat #14  
Your looking at 700-800 pounds there. Get a set of forks for bobcat. Youll be amazed at how often you use them. I personally dont like clip on forks. I like full sized quick attach. Just me.
I use my forks more than my bucket. Everything heavy or awkward you own will promptly end up on pallets. Even if I'm lifting something with straps or chain there are just so many more places to hook on forks than there are a bucket. Forks aren't cheap for just this 1 task, but you will use them for so much very quickly you'll wonder how you lived without them.

/ lifting 100 gallon square diesel tank from truck with bobcat #15  
Simple skid mount for the tank. The pallet is reinforced with a plywood top, well nailed. Then the tank is bolted through both plywood and pallet. This is very strong.

Attachments

• skid.jpg
    skid.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92