Lighting upgrade?

/ Lighting upgrade? #1  

D&D

Platinum Member
Tractor
KIoti, JD, Kubota
Had some time today so went to look at upgrading the cab lights. I have some 6” leds and the housing looked similar in size. Took the Kioti light off and pulled the bulb assembly out to see if I could swap the guts. Found something else very interesting (IMO), the base of the bulb is stamped with “not for use in EUROPE/US”. I called my dealer and asked them to check with the regional rep to see how they react.

/ Lighting upgrade? #2  
Contraband.

/ Lighting upgrade? #3  
What's the wattage on the bulb? I don't know if this is for you, but I bought whole LED Nilights from Amazon and put on female 880 connectors using the stock wiring. It is a whole world of difference.

Front and rear

880 female adapters that I soldered onto Nilight harness.

IMG_0398.jpg
IMG_0460.jpg
IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3466.jpg
    IMG_3466.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 91
   / Lighting upgrade? #4  
What's the wattage on the bulb? I don't know if this is for you, but I bought whole LED Nilights from Amazon and put on female 880 connectors using the stock wiring. It is a whole world of difference.

Front and rear

View attachment 822508View attachment 822507View attachment 822510
View attachment 822514
Thank you. That's the kind of input we need :)

/ Lighting upgrade? #5  
NiLight makes very good lights at a good price

/ Lighting upgrade? #6  

Front and rear

View attachment 822508View attachment 822507View attachment 822510
View attachment 822514
Pretty sure those are the same lights I used on my ROPs. Or my truck, or my camper.

I have lots of nilights, for the money a very good light.

/ Lighting upgrade?
Never heard from Kioti about lights, no real surprise. Because of you all I ordered some nilights to replace the factory. Waiting on my helper to lift cab roof.
While waiting, I got the Kioti Beacon lamp kit DKA149 (~$40) to power the rear plugs. I also ordered an Agrieyes pole mount beacon and bracket (~$42)

The beacon kit provided the relay, wiring harnesses (one for switch, one for light) and switch. Pop the hood, add a relay, remove 3 console screws, pop in new switch and harness. The extender is a steel piece 2"x6"x 1/8"

Attachments

• Kiti beacon bracket.jpg
    Kiti beacon bracket.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • Kioti Beacon 2.jpg
    Kioti Beacon 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • Kioti Beacon 1.jpg
    Kioti Beacon 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
   / Lighting upgrade? #8  
I put 3M hefty double sided taped steel brackets on my composite roof, and added a magnetic LED beacon to mine.

/ Lighting upgrade?
After some use shifting the manure pile, I decided some side lighting would be helpful. The Dk has the same plug and mount on both rear sides so I sourced a new plug 7222-1424-40 - Yazaki | SWP-2P - Corsa Technic | 2-Way Kit for the other side (beacon kit had one) and added 2 - 6" leds to the beacon circuit

Attachments

• kioti side light.jpg
    kioti side light.jpg
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp.gif
    Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp.gif
    849.5 KB · Views: 58
   / Lighting upgrade?
Today , I added a 37” led light bar. A friend came by and I was supposed to put it on his truck but it was 1/2” too big for where he wanted it on the headache rack. Fit pretty good on the tractor.

Nilight 468w

Attachments

• Lightbar.jpg
    Lightbar.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • After dark.jpg
    After dark.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • Light bar on.jpg
    Light bar on.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited: