Lights for Cab Tractor

/ Lights for Cab Tractor #1  

Avenger

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4145C
As the days start to shorten, and the nights seem to get longer, I find myself using my lights more and more. However, I have noticed a problem with these lights. They are spot lights! Which, in of itself, is fine, except they have a portion of the lens that faces directly, 90ー, from the beam of light. Since the beams work better at a slight angle toward the ground, so I can see what I am doing, this little bit of light (which is a lot of light) seems to point directly into the cab, against the glass, effectively illuminating the dirt on the glass, and making visibility near impossible. Even when the glass is clean, the reflection of this light is too great.

I am in need of better lights for my cab tractor. Not looking to break the bank, and would prefer something in the LED spectrum that is bright, but in the directions I need (back into the cab not being one of them), and is more or less plug-n-play (though not required).

Any help with this? Has anyone (or everyone) changed out their lights to something better?

I have yet to try duct tape on the lights. I would rather change them out than go down that route.

Thanks in advance!

/ Lights for Cab Tractor #2  
I bought one of these when they went on sale for $80
21 in. LED Light Bar with Cover | Princess Auto

and I liked it so much I bought another for the rear to replace the 4 halogens and added a second one on my bush bar. Regular list price is a little steep.

These light bars throw tons of light and are 100x better than the OEM halogens. Awesome for snow blowing in those long dark nights.

/ Lights for Cab Tractor #3  
I have LED flood lights, I have them angled out a bit so they don't reflect back on the windows..

/ Lights for Cab Tractor #5  
You can swap out the bulbs with LEDs which will help. I did that and installed inexpensive LED light bars from Amazon front and back and that makes a huge difference. I tied the light bars into the existing work light switches with a relay so I didn't have to unt a separate switch. Really nice on snowy dark mornings when plowing.

/ Lights for Cab Tractor
Thank you! I will do some more reading and figure out what will work best for me.

/ Lights for Cab Tractor #7  
Thank you! I will do some more reading and figure out what will work best for me.

the stock lights on the XJ are just blocked by the loader and are not very bright

I bought some 7" cheapo flood beam combo led light bar lights from amazon for $30 and 4 4" cubes for $10 each. I installed the 7" with 1 forward and 1 backward. The others were going to be for the sides (1-2 o'clock/4-5 and 8-7 and 10-11 positions). Turned on the 7" lights and they are so freakin bright I dont need the others! Trying to think of a good use for them now...

Was thinking of some sort of flip up bracket attached to the SSQA mount cross tube that will allow me to maneuver the lights... but the question is, will I ever need that?

IMG_20180920_220008.jpg

/ Lights for Cab Tractor
That is bright! I will defiantly look into doing something with the cube lights. Was also thinking of mounting a light bar on the push bar? Though, I typically carry the bucket at that level, so it will probably just reflect back. Thanks for the photo!

/ Lights for Cab Tractor #9  
When I'm clearing snow at night at the end of the driveway, I have to shut my lights off when a vehicle is coming because it blinds them. I have four auxbeam 4 inch floods, two headed backwards and two forwards on a bracket off the rops, LED headlight bulbs and two class 1 Abrams stobes, it looks like a UFO at night..