Lights on FEL?

/ Lights on FEL? #1  

Beezz27

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti DK40SE HST, 1975? Ford 3000
Does anyone have any pics of lights mounted to the FEL arms (or otherwise)? The headlight on my DK are bright but with the loader on they shine right into the rear of the quick attach and/or bucket unless the loader is almost at ground level. I was thinking that mounting a set of lights on the loader arms may be beneficial, just looking for some inspirational ideas. Mounting them on the ROPS is not ideal in my case as the ROPS typically stays tilted down to clear the door of the barn.

/ Lights on FEL? #2  
How about to the outside of the loader mount (vs on the FEL arms)? Or instead of on the FEL arms, set up a removable light bar mount (and SAE plug) over the QA?

/ Lights on FEL? #3  
If you put the lights on the loader itself they will move with the loader - which could be good or bad. Can you mount lights on the non folding portion of ROPS?

/ Lights on FEL? #4  
This picture is from a thread over on green tractor talk;
3038e-worklight-on.jpg

/ Lights on FEL? #5  
Assuming that you have a roll bar above your seat, put the lights up there.

/ Lights on FEL? #6  
Had lights on my loader arms before, no rops. They alwsys cought on branches and got banged up. If you have a rops put them there. If no put them near the rear upper loader pivot. They should survive better.

/ Lights on FEL?
On the loader mounts is a good idea, although I do like the thoughts of the lights more towards the front of the tractor. I saw a post recently where the lights looked to be mounted by magnets rather than "hard" mounted, maybe I'll try that and see where they work better. I have to order the lights, so I will try to update with pictures as I go. I do have the roll bar (ROPS) but on my year model the roll bar is a single piece and folds at the bottom not in the middle.

/ Lights on FEL? #8  
I was thinking about mounting a light bar to my brush guard as it sits higher than I usually carry my bucket. I also keep my ROPS folded.

/ Lights on FEL? #9  
One nice thing about lights mounted forward of the operator station is the reduction in reflected light from snow rain or dust,
also no glare in the eyes when looking rearward.

/ Lights on FEL? #10  
I put an 8 inch LED light bar between the uprights of my brush guard at the bottom. That way it shines under the bucket when I’m using it. It works pretty well so far