Lights

/ Lights #33  
here's the led's i mounted on my ROPS. I got them from Amazon for about $16 each. I mounted them on a short piece of angle iron bolted thru one of the ROPS/canopy brackets....easy. I ran a separate wire from the fuse box thru a new switch I put in the dash.

18w each..boy do they light up the front of my tractor.

Amazon.com: Signstek 18W CREE LED Flood Light Headlight Work Light Lamp off Road High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor off Road Light Fog Driving Bar Rree Truck SUV Car IP67 Waterproof Dustproof Shockproof: Automotive

I didn't realize how dirty the tractor was until I took this pic. It'll get a bath this afternoon.

I looked at those because of your post, I liked what I saw, so I searched and found a two-pack for $32.00. I bought 2 two-packs to get free shipping (any order over $35.00) and they arrived today (US Postal Service on Sunday afternoon!). I removed my lower original PT425 factory lights (one was missing a bulb anyway) from the dash and also removed my two aftermarket lights from under the ROPS (one of those was blown out) and put two of them under the ROPS. I like them. Not really much more coverage than the original incandescent ones, but a bright white, not yellow, light. A huge difference! I like them. We'll see how they hold up over the winter. I was surprised at the compact housing and how heavy they are. Really surprised. They tuck up nicely under the ROPS and are easily adjustable. So I also mounted one under the ROPS facing backwards. I haven't wired it yet. Its nice and compact and I still have about 6" head clearance and its far enough back to not bump my head.

Amazon.com: Signstek 2*18W CREE LED Flood Light Headlight Work Light Lamp off Road High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor off Road Light Fog Driving Bar Rree Truck SUV Car IP67 Waterproof Dustproof Shockproof (Black): Automotive

/ Lights #34  
Here's some pictures. I'll get some closeups of the mounting tomorrow in the daylight.
Photo 1 is my two working existing lights and one new one. Side-by-side you can really see the yellow of the old incandescent and the white of the new LED.
x light1.JPG

Photo 2 is two of the new LEDs only. Pretty nice white light if I do say so.
x lights2.JPG

Photo 3 is just the two of those little buggers blinding the camera! :laughing:
x lights3.JPG

/ Lights #35  
I agree they seem to be very solidly made.

we'll see how they hold up together.

/ Lights #36  
Well, the verdict is in. I used these in the dark to plow snow the other night and all I can say is I am VERY SATISFIED with the lights! :thumbsup:

What a nice, white light they cast. Really easy to see around the tractor now.
We all got lights like this standard on our PTs.
613433.jpg
They are about $10.00 to replace. They consume 35W of power and they aren't that great.
These LEDs are about $16.00, only consume 18W, are smaller, appear to be a heavier all-metal case, and cast a much nicer white light VS the yellow light.
So, if I were going to spend $10 I might as well spend $6 more and get something a lot nicer that uses about half the power.
I give them two thumbs up.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Lights #37  
Well, the verdict is in. I used these in the dark to plow snow the other night and all I can say is I am VERY SATISFIED with the lights! :thumbsup:

What a nice, white light they cast. Really easy to see around the tractor now.
We all got lights like this standard on our PTs.
View attachment 399413
They are about $10.00 to replace. They consume 35W of power and they aren't that great.
These LEDs are about $16.00, only consume 18W, are smaller, appear to be a heavier all-metal case, and cast a much nicer white light VS the yellow light.
So, if I were going to spend $10 I might as well spend $6 more and get something a lot nicer that uses about half the power.
I give them two thumbs up.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Lights #38  
yup. I bought the round ones, put them on and didn't like them. Then I got the leds, mounted one on one side and compared them. Took the other round one off, and put on the second led.

The leds stay. The round ones are now in a box somewhere.