Liking the CK30

/ Liking the CK30 #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Here's a pic of one of those larger machines doing some prep work last week. )</font>
David, this seems to have come out of nowhere! Where was the work being done? Georgia or Hawaii? John

/ Liking the CK30
Was just daydreaming how much I'm gonna like my CK30 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Picture is of work being done in Hawaii.
The white stakes are approx location for the house.

/ Liking the CK30 #23  
Cool. And I didn't think there was any buildable land left over there! How long will it take to be able to move in?
I'm fighting the storm here, lots of wind and rain coming and going. Tons of debris all around, but so far only one limb hit the house without any damage. Hawaii sound great right about now. John

/ Liking the CK30
Thanks. We feel quite blessed to have found this piece - 21 acres - about 20 miles north of Hilo. Returning to live in Hawaii has been a 20+ year dream. All the Zoning in our area is 20 acre AG. We are also fortunate in that we have deep soil. I'm planning on 6 months to build the house, although my wife is thinking less. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Actual construction probably won't start until Nov 2005. The plan is to definitely have the tractor on site by then.
This March, we started building the 640 sf, 2 story, shed in the pic. Here it is after 24 days work. Next week, we go over and put in real doors, start the deck, and just maybe get a partial blessing from the county building inspector. Once the house is complete, the shed will morph into a guest house. I'm already thinking about where to build the tractor shed./forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Seems your area may have escaped the worst of Frances? We sold the last of our FL panhandle property last year. According to one of my Hawaiian neighbors, we got about 50 inches of rain during last March, much of it the 2 weeks I started the shed.:( Actually, it was a very educational experience. I saw how and where it puddled in my access road and will need box blade, saw about half dozen places I'll use the backhoe to get flows open, and generally, developed a sincere appreciation for just how much water can flow down the side of a mountain. All in all, very helpful in my discussions with the bulldozer guy. I've not doubt, the house pad will be high and dry.

Attachments

• 492438-CIMG0092.JPG
    492438-CIMG0092.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 134
   / Liking the CK30 #25  
Looks like a really nice place to build after you get everything straightented out.
As for the storm, things were worse further south, but it was bad enough here that people now know a hurricane isn't something at which one should scoff!
That Ck30 is going to be really useful for you around HI, and I love hearing of people being able to meet their dreams in reality. Best to the Mrs. , John