Limp Bucket and etc

/ Limp Bucket and etc #11  
JerryG said:
The dump cylinders are captivating. They do that when the weigh in the bucket pulls the bucket down faster than fluid is going into the backside of the cylinder. Air separates from the fluid and causes the slow down. A regenerative valves will eliminate it almost entirely if the lever is put directly into the regenerative position when you need to dump. If you use the regular dump position to start and then go to the regenerative position, then the separation has already taken place and the slow down is already set up. If a heavy load is in the bucket it is important to go directly to the regenerative position if you want to dump fast and over come this lag.

What is the regenertive valve and is this std on the BX?

/ Limp Bucket and etc #12  
fish6942 said:
What is the regenertive valve and is this std on the BX?

Welcome to TBN:D
Not sure if they are standard or not, but as stated I think they all come with the 4-way valve now...
Read THIS post to learn about regenerative valves and the difference between 3 and 4-way valves.

/ Limp Bucket and etc #13  
Thanks for posting that link, KennyD. That's a good read for us newbies :D

/ Limp Bucket and etc #14  
Scrounger,

The more I think about this, maybe you are not getting into the regen valve function.

Try this:

Lower the FEL and bucket to sit flat on the ground. Throttle about mid way. Joystick gently to the right. This will "dump" the bucket some but probably not lift the front tires off the ground very much.

Now push the joystick to the right even farther. You will go past a little resistance for the detent and now you are in the regen circuit. This will likely lift the front tires off the ground easily.

This is the way that you need to cycle the FEL several times to get rid of "air" if that is the problem. I get the floppy bucket as you describe on occasion. It is always remedied by raising the loader all the way, then lowering all the way, followed by a dump "regen" as I described above.

According to the detailed thread about 3 vs 4 valve and regen circuits, this should work. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/9403-3-position-valve-vs-4-a-3.html

If not, then maybe you have a bad cylinder???

/ Limp Bucket and etc #15  
I think that the first dump position is regen. That make for a faster dump cycle. The second dump position is slower and has a lot more power (will lift front end whereas regen is faster but lower in power) You don't normally need much power when you dump the bucket, gravity helps.

ron

/ Limp Bucket and etc #16  
638 said:
I think that the first dump position is regen. That make for a faster dump cycle. The second dump position is slower and has a lot more power (will lift front end whereas regen is faster but lower in power) You don't normally need much power when you dump the bucket, gravity helps.

ron

Yep thats the way it is on my BX23, regen in the first part of the stick movement. It caused some problems when installing my grapple(had to hook it up backwards from the way I initially wanted it)