Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice.

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #1  

QRTRHRS

Elite Member
Tractor
None at this time.
Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice due to Parkinson's disease. It has been many years and many albums since the Stone Ponies and she sure had the range. I had seen and heard her on some talk shows in the last few years and did not particularly like her views considering her past but I do feel sorry for her to come to this.

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #2  
Member seeing her on TV when the Eagles were her Back up Band.

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #3  
I really liked her in the seventies when she was doing some Bluegrass music. Wish her the best with her diagnosis. Ken Sweet

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #4  
She sure had the talent! Hate to hear it is leaving her.

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #5  
I really loved her music, her not so much, I feel sorry for anyone so afflicted, best wishes to her.

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #6  
I have a stepbrother who suffers from Parkinson's, a cruel and horrible disease. His brain tells him to walk but his limbs just don't get the messages.

Good luck to Ms. Ronstadt.

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #7  
Remembering better days....

Linda Ronstadt - Tumbling Dice (Summit in Houston - Nov 17, 1977) - YouTube

From Wikipedia:

Linda Ronstadt had a top 40 hit with "Tumbling Dice" in 1977. In an interview with Hit Parader magazine, Ronstadt said that her band played "Tumbling Dice" for soundchecks, but nobody knew the words. Jagger suggested that Ronstadt should sing more rock songs and suggested "Tumbling Dice". Ronstadt made him write down the lyrics.

Yeah, I'd say most of the male rock stars were sweet on her too, not just all us kids.

Rgds, D.

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #8  
She had a great voice; I loved listening to her belting out a song. What power! Unfortunately, she had really bad taste in men. Jerry Brown??? Seriously!:rolleyes: Jerry Brown did have one saving grace. He drove himself around to speak in his Chevrolet. He didn't waste money on limos. Too bad all his policies weren't that frugal. California might be in a better financial state. Oh well, this is about Linda and it's a great voice and talent lost. Like the Dixie Chicks, I don't have to agree with her politics or views to know that she makes great music. God bless her in her struggles against that horrible disease.

/ Linda Ronstadt has lost her voice. #10  
She has always been my favorite singer. I, like others have mentioned, do not care for her politics, but her singing has always been amazing.

She was a great singer before, but really took a risk when she started to work with Nelson Riddle. Turned out very successful, AND helped improve her already amazing voice/singing. She just kept getting better and better as she took on more projects, and more genres of music. Country, bluegrass, pop, rock, jazz, latin, opera ect ect.

I have heard lots of good female singers. But most had limited range vocally, or limited to one genre. Streisand, Ann Wilson, Ella, Reba, Aretha, Patsy Cline, Julie London etc are/were amazing. Not to mention Dolly and Emmy Lou, who she successfully "trio'd" with. But most limited to one genre.

Pretty amazing to look at some of the video's, like her appearances on Johnny Cash show in '60's, with Eagles in 70's, jazz in 80's. The video from her mid-70's Germany tour are amazing.

Certainly there are no current mainstream female vocalist showing that level of talent or range.