Liquid ballast amount question

/ Liquid ballast amount question
Called and talked to the service manager. He was a little on the defensive stating the system is metered and that is how they charge and they have found the charts to be off. I mentioned to him that Ballast Star, Firestone, Goodyear, liquid ballast charts all show the same gallonage. i asked him if the charts were off how much show/could they be off. He was a little quite. So I mentioned that at 69 gallons the tire is 75% fill at 110 gallons the tire would be over %100 full. He told me to stop down and he would work something out. I will go next week and let you know what happened.

Thanks for everyone advise.

/ Liquid ballast amount question #12  
Here is another possible way to approach the manager: How much ballast have you sold according to the meter vs. how much have you sold based on inventory?

/ Liquid ballast amount question #13  
What size tires do you have? New Holland makes it very difficult to find the information on their website, only refering to the types of tires in their specs sheets. John

/ Liquid ballast amount question #14  
Derek

When the 16.9x30's were filled with RimGuard on my TN they each took 70 gallons as the chart said. They were filled 70% full as recommended. You may have no air left in your tires- not a good thing. The TN manual tells how to fill them correctly.

Andy

/ Liquid ballast amount question #16  
You should be able to prove your case by weight. Get the specs on the weight of the rim from NH and the tire from Goodyear. Then, weight your loaded tire, deduct the weight of the rim and unloaded tire, and viola you got the weight of balast. Convert the weight of the balast to volume of balast (you should be able to get conversion info or specific gravity from the manufacturer) and your done.