Liquid filled tires

/ Liquid filled tires #21  
Taking the tires off and hauling them to a tire shop may not be the best idea. I sure don't want to try to put a 500lb tire/wheel assembly back on the tractor unless I absolutely have to. Take the tractor there. It's just easier that way and less likely to crush you if it topples.

/ Liquid filled tires #22  
Taking the tires off and hauling them to a tire shop may not be the best idea. I sure don't want to try to put a 500lb tire/wheel assembly back on the tractor unless I absolutely have to. Take the tractor there. It's just easier that way and less likely to crush you if it topples.

Well it looks like the plan is to take 6 gallons of antifreeze to the property ,I have a 55 gallon barrel of water already there and a drill pump/air compressor and I have a 5000 watt power inverter mounted in the truck for light duty power so I should be able to do it there without removing the tires and hauling /reinstalling them by myself and be done in short order ! I know in the long run I will be proud of self building this property but sometimes you have to be a little creative dealing with the heavy stuff alone I need to keep my back in working order this early in the game and at 6'2" and 240 lbs it's hard enough getting off the couch sometimes !:laughing:

60.00 anti freeze
12.00 liquid tire valve adapter
------
$72.00 total :thumbsup: Thanks for all the advice !:cool2: 036.jpg

/ Liquid filled tires #23  
My dealer won't let a new machine go out with a FEL with out Rimguard in the rear tires.

/ Liquid filled tires #24  
I have started out NOT filling my tires. I was also concerned about tires rutting the soft ground. I wanted to be able to take off all the weight and with loaded tires you can't. So far so good. I have a loader and always have something heavy on the 3 point hitch when using it. I would try operating without loaded tires. You can always fill them if your unhappy with the traction or performance of your machine.

/ Liquid filled tires #25  
I have started out NOT filling my tires. I was also concerned about tires rutting the soft ground. I wanted to be able to take off all the weight and with loaded tires you can't. So far so good. I have a loader and always have something heavy on the 3 point hitch when using it. I would try operating without loaded tires. You can always fill them if your unhappy with the traction or performance of your machine.

I'm clearing land and have no concerns about soft ground ,I have been using it without loading the tires and on my land I have a pretty good slope and a lot of trees to come down and skid ,I had 120 lbs on front and moved that to the rear and still felt uneasy ,tomorrow I will load the rears and let you know how much difference I notice on my machine ,I'm still working on a 3ph weight box too ! :thumbsup:

/ Liquid filled tires #26  
Well it looks like the plan is to take 6 gallons of antifreeze to the property ,I have a 55 gallon barrel of water already there and a drill pump/air compressor and I have a 5000 watt power inverter mounted in the truck for light duty power so I should be able to do it there without removing the tires and hauling /reinstalling them by myself and be done in short order ! I know in the long run I will be proud of self building this property but sometimes you have to be a little creative dealing with the heavy stuff alone I need to keep my back in working order this early in the game and at 6'2" and 240 lbs it's hard enough getting off the couch sometimes !:laughing:

60.00 anti freeze
12.00 liquid tire valve adapter
------
$72.00 total :thumbsup: Thanks for all the advice !:cool2: View attachment 291469
Perhaps this will help you? GEMPLER'S - Outdoor Work Supplies, Spray Equipment, PPE & more g
Go to Tires and Supplies, then go to Liquid Ballast Supplies.

/ Liquid filled tires
Thanks for all the replies. This is a tough decision. I am in Illinois on some pretty flat ground and when doing loader work will have a ballast. So I am leaning towards not getting them filled and see how it goes.. I guess I can always get them filled later. But seems like a pain after the fact. I will either have to transport the tractor back to dealer or do it myself. Can you get Rimguard to do it yourself?

/ Liquid filled tires #28  
I have heard of some people doing rim guard theirself but you may want to check with your dealer to be sure they will sell it like that.

/ Liquid filled tires #29  
You may also find a Rim Guard dealer who will come to your place and do the filling from their rig.

/ Liquid filled tires #30  
Not just tractor dealers. Most areas with any agriculture going on have a tire dealer that offers in the field service from the same truck that goes out to fix truck tires. All the tools needed and a mechanic that has done it many times. Takes all the hassel out of it.