liquidating equipment

/ liquidating equipment #1  

just4me

Tractor
none
Can you help me with fair market pricing for a Massey Ferguson GC2400 from 2010 with a cab, a DL100 loader, a 2360 front mount snow blower and a 2325 mower all from 2010? It is used and has been sitting unused for about 10 years.

Last edited:
   / liquidating equipment #2  
Think you may want to check those numbers again. If the equipment is 2010 and has been sitting for 10 years???
Did you mean sitting for 1 year?

/ liquidating equipment #3  
   / liquidating equipment #4  
Also check Craigslist. Prices vary by region.
If it doesn't currently run or operate correctly that will lower its value.

/ liquidating equipment
You are correct my dates are off the bill of sale said 2010. My dad had several massive strokes after he purchased it, so he only used it a couple of times before he passed away in 2015 & no one has even started it up except for him. So it is at least 7 yrs old and not run since 2010-2011.

/ liquidating equipment
Thank you!! I'll try it.

/ liquidating equipment #7  
I'd get a battery and get it running. Starting process should be simple. Turn the key till the dash lights up, after about 20-30 seconds one of the lights should go out (that is for the glow plug), once that light shuts off, turn the key the rest of the way till it cranks and starts like any other engine.

Nobody will want to take a chance that it is somehow busted internally unless they think you'll sell it for the weight of the scrap steel. If it ran then, it should run now. Setting will not have hurt it any, but after that long it will need a new battery.

/ liquidating equipment #8  
The tractor will need a complete service. I.e., all fluids and filters changed, and all lubrication points greased. I would think seriously about draining the old diesel fuel also.

/ liquidating equipment #9  
The tractor will need a complete service. I.e., all fluids and filters changed, and all lubrication points greased. I would think seriously about draining the old diesel fuel also.

Good advice, along with the new battery.

/ liquidating equipment
Thank you all for all of your advise and suggestions.

The most difficult part is trying to explain to my mom that she can't get what she paid for it and all of the attachments back in 2010 and finding out what is a fair amount for her to expect to get for it since she is not able to use it.