List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First !

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #21  
Finally some real design flaws vs lack of a feature.

My 7520 has anemic power steering and inadequate brakes for so heavy a tractor.

The underbelly is so soft its prone to constant damage.

The ML275 loader has drilled and grooved pins for greasing. They break at the groove. [of course].

The front drive shaft is machined poorly, insuring many stress risers and will eventually initiate a crack and twist off when the tractor is used hard.

The 17GPM Hyd pump, PS pump, alternator, and fan are all driven from power transmitted thru the cam drive gear which acts as an idller between the crank gear and the hyd pump gear. The gears are helical causing opposing thrust loads on the cam gear. On some the gear webs crack and fail under cyclic hi load due this inherent weakness.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #22  
Well after 300 hours on the machine, this is full list of wishes/wants

1. Move key location away from knee.
2. Larger tool box
3. Option for air adjustable seat
4. intermittent or rain sensor on wipers
5. Squirrel chew proof fuel tank....haha. after having to patch mine, i wouldnt mind a steel tank. But then again my old JD870 had a steel tank and it rusted thru. so who knows which is best.

that's all on my list....... cept maybe a microwave and refer in the cab so i can relax there even more.....a sat tv might be nice also

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #23  
I'm gonna make a 'diff-lock' lock to keep it in all the time when I want it. Backing over banks then hittin the brakes to hold while shifting to forward and wanting diff lock... often if a tire slips its too late. Diff needs to be in before it slips on steep banks.
How about a strong magnet under the pedal to keep it down until you pull it back up. :confused3:

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #24  
Kubota BX:
1) HST fan. The Achilles' heal of the entire line.
2) 15 amp dyno (older units) instead of an alternator that could run some more lights.

BX fuel tank sending unit that varies 1/2 tank when going up or down a very slight grade.

Bruce

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #25  
I have found 2 flaws after living 10 years with my Kubota B7500. Mounting from the right side I inadvertently hit the transmission dipstick and snapped the plastic handle off. The spout on my 5 gallon can bumped the plastic screen at the filler which fell down into the tank. I think it's interfering with the float because the gauge now won't go lower than 1/2. That's it.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #26  
How about a strong magnet under the pedal to keep it down until you pull it back up. :confused3:

If there was an actual pedal not just a 5/8" rod bent in a hoop... not enough surface area. I plan to make some thing spring loaded to keep pressure on the pedal as soon as I engauge it even if the diff is in between engaugement points and free up my feet for the brakes.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #27  
The Factory seat is uncomfortable and the tool box was too small. BTW, I love my Kubota L4400.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #28  
MF 5465 When you reverse you also reverse the gear shift pattern, ie click forward to go up the gears , in reverse you go DOWN the bloody gears while clicking forward!!! The same movement should have the same effect/result NOT the complete oposite.
Accelerator pedal is to far away. I added a 2 1/2 " block to the accelerator to reach comfortably.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #29  
Yanmar EX450. Fuel tank up behind the seat, so you can't reach controls on 3 pt mounted equip (fert sprdr). Muffler mounted up under the hood, with exhaust at lower left front of unit, so with a head wind at slow speeds, it gasses the operator. Exceptionally poor hydraulics on FEL - Yanmar can't, or won't fix. No toolbox & no cup holder, and the squirrels and rats love all the plastic/rubber parts. Other than that, it's a pretty good tractor.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #30  
2009 Montana R4944 (LS4020)

1. Seat does not go back far enough (but I guess there is a cure).
2. No toolbox! really!
3. Cup holder hole is way to large, I have to put a Koozy on my beer to keep it from bouncing out!

That's like all I can't believe that is it but I can't think of anything else!