Lithium battery for tilt trailer?

/ Lithium battery for tilt trailer? #1  

NonTypicalCPA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940
Anyone using a lithium battery on their tilt or dump trailer? How do they perform? I’m considering one for my recently purchased tilt trailer.

/ Lithium battery for tilt trailer? #2  
I'm sure they would work great, providing you get the battery with a proper capacity, but they aren't very cheap yet.

/ Lithium battery for tilt trailer? #3  
why bother...i use a standard interstate battery and i added a trickle charger plug so it stays plugged in. trailer is 4 years old...same battery. works every time. Li batteries are like 3x the cost. wont last any longer.

/ Lithium battery for tilt trailer? #4  
LI batteries are like chrome tail pipes on your motorcycle. Look snazzy but provide no better service.

/ Lithium battery for tilt trailer? #6  
They will last a good deal longer than a lead-acid battery, generally. But not really worth the trade-off at the current price point. They are usually considerably lighter for the same capacity also, but that's not something I worry about too much for a tractor or a trailer.

/ Lithium battery for tilt trailer? #7  
Look in to the cold weather performance of Lithium batteries before making the plunge... particularly cold weather charging limitations.

/ Lithium battery for tilt trailer? #9  
I’d buy a AGM battery and call it done. I’m sure a lithium battery ain’t cheap.
Agreed. AGM batteries tend to hold their charge longer when sitting idle, and have a wider range of operating temperatures on the low end.

I put a a group 27 Deep Cycle AGM battery in my dump trailer 5-1/2 years ago which is still doing well.

I put an Optima Yellow top AGM in my tractor when the sealed flooded lead-acid battery died 8 years ago. I was lucky to get 4 or 5 years out of the flooded lead acid batteries. The Optima is still going strong.

/ Lithium battery for tilt trailer? #10  
I have an Odyssey AGM battery in my Kubota. 1200 cold crank amps. I don't even know if a LI battery is made to fit this application.