Little ATV

/ Little ATV
OK, time for me to play show & tell. Got the ATVs home. Took a little bit to get them uncrated and get them "road" ready. Not a lot to do, but uncrating, raise the handle bars, connect the battery, and check oil & gas. Took a little bit to get them started. The fuel shut off isn't labeled which way is off/on. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Was trying to start the first one w/o gas. Finally figured that out. Then it took a little bit to get all of the "air" out of the carb. Once I did that, that little 4-stroke start quick and ran smooth. I was really surprised by that.

Here is a side picture of my daughter's. We still have to put the decals on both of them. That is my wife's job for today. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 660942-000_0059.JPG
    660942-000_0059.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 171
   / Little ATV
A couple of little problems. I'm going to call here in a little bit and talk to them to see what suggestions they have.

First, once you adjust the throttle down to a safe speed, w/ the automatic transmission they don't have enough power to get moving from even a small incline. As you can tell my yard is pretty flat and that is the type of incline I'm talking. Lossen the throttle and it'll go - unfortunately way too fast. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Second, are the brakes. Both levers work OK, both are pushing fluid to the caliper, but the pads don't seem like they want to move. I thought maybe they just needed bled, but that didn't seem to cure the problem.

Here is a front 3/4 view of my daughter's.

Attachments

• 660944-000_0060.JPG
    660944-000_0060.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 138
   / Little ATV
Once they get going they go pretty well. They are pretty quiet. Almost as quiet as the battery operated PowerWheels. Nice headlight on the front w/ high/low beam. Nice LED brakelight. Just wish it had some type of normal taillight. Might rig something up in my spare time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Here is my son looking all mean and ready to go.

Attachments

• 660948-000_0058.JPG
    660948-000_0058.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 157
   / Little ATV
Now he is just showing off.

Attachments

• 660949-000_0057.JPG
    660949-000_0057.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 194
   / Little ATV
Hfere are both of them out in the yard "passing"

Attachments

• 660950-000_0062.JPG
    660950-000_0062.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 155
   / Little ATV
We did have one little incident last night. While I was still trying to get the throttle adjusted down. My daughter got a little carried away and was on the gas pretty hard and tried to do a sharp turn. She upset it. Couldn't get it shut down fast enough. Had we even been using the rear lanyard kill switch, still couldn't have gotten it shut down fast enough. Wasn't hurt, but it scared her. She didn't want to get back on for a few minutes, she just kept mumbling, "I should've gotten a horse, that wouldn't have happened." Tried to tell her about bucking, kicking, and biting. Good thing was she wasn't hurt and it scared her enough so that now she respects it. My son also saw it and scared him so that he also has some respect for it. Not that I want my kids hurt, but sometimes they just have to learn not to do things the hard way.

Here she is after the accident, looking like she is getting ready to race again. Though I've now got it governed down pretty good.

Attachments

• 660962-000_0064.JPG
    660962-000_0064.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 133
   / Little ATV
Have have a shot of her posing.

Attachments

• 660963-000_0065.JPG
    660963-000_0065.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 173
   / Little ATV
Since they don't have a reverse, here is my son "backing" it up so that it doesn't hit my truck - at least I think it is still mine as the wife usually drives it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 660964-000_0053.JPG
    660964-000_0053.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 156
   / Little ATV #39  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( was on the gas pretty hard and tried to do a sharp turn. )</font>

My 4 year tossed herself off of her Suzuki 50 trying to do a donut! That was the last time she tried that. SHe fell off, the ATV went back down on all four tires. She was off the ground and chasing after it before it even came to a complete stop.

/ Little ATV #40  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do you know if there is any difference in a Mojave PV and a Mojave PV Jr.? The PV Jr. just comes in XS, S, & M where as the PV comes in XS, S, M & then L, XL, XXL, XXXL. I'm assuming the same thing just grouped on the site differently. I'm going now to go look to see if I can find a dealer close. )</font>

Jim,

I don't know the difference but something to watch out for is the weight of the helmet. If the helmet can be lined to a size an adult could wear, it may be too heavy for a child. It is interesting to watch though... They can't keep their head upright for more than a couple minutes.

Brian