Little Giant Extreme ladder?

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #11  
I have one too. Man is it heavy. Boy is it stable though. I'm not really great with heights. I'll do it but I'm not happy about it. The LGL though...makes me feel safe.

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #12  
There are a number of videos that demonstrate how people were injured by little giant ladders.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQkklBj1omg&feature=related]Little Giant ladder test-No surprise as it FAILS AGAIN! - YouTube[/ame]

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #13  
That is the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Set up a ladder on a snow covered inclined driveway and it slips from under him. No **** Sherlock. :mur:
If your that dumb, then please don't get a Little Giant, heck don't get any ladders. Don't even leave the house without a helmet and pads...

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #14  
I love this ladder... it does what other ladders can't do. Ya, they are pricey but well worth it. Get the work platform with it as it is a handy attachment.

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #15  
On July 4, 2003, I bought the Gorilla ladder from Home Depot for $95.26. Mine is a Type 1A, 300 lb. capacaity, but I don't remember whether it's an 11' or a 13'. It "looks" just like the Little Giant, but even after a great deal of use in more than 8 years, it does not have the slack or play in the joints shown in the above video of the LIttle Giant (I only watched about half of the video). My Gorialla ladder is certainly heavy, but it's also strong and stable. They called it a "4 in 1" ladder and it's been used in all 4 configurations. I'm sure it's the safest ladder I've ever owned.

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #16  
I am thinking of buying one of these ladders. What is your opinion of them? Worthwhile or a goofy gadget?

I've had one for about a year. One time I remember thinking 'this works good' is when I was trying to trim the top of a 9' tall, 8' around holly bush. I put one leg of the little giant ladder vertical and right up against the side of the bush and it was much easier. Less leaning over and stretching as far as I could to reach the stuff in the middle, like I had done previously with a normal ladder. It allowed me to keep more of my weight over the ladder compared to a normal ladder as I wasn't reaching/leaning away from the ladder.

Keith

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #17  
That is the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Set up a ladder on a snow covered inclined driveway and it slips from under him. No **** Sherlock. :mur:
If your that dumb, then please don't get a Little Giant, heck don't get any ladders. Don't even leave the house without a helmet and pads...

You missed the entire point, they also set up an old Werner ladder right next to the Little Giant to demonstrate the problem, and it worked fine.

It's easy to assume the problem is the driveway. But, if you actually watch the video, even the Little Giant ladder does not slip from the snow.

There is an inherent problem with these ladders.

Like I said, there are other videos. No incline or snow here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq21604pi1U]Little Giant Ladder FAILS to perform! - YouTube[/ame]

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #18  
I have the Gorilla 17 & 22 from Home Desperate. They have seen extensive use and by far they are way better than conventional ladders(which I gave away after getting the Gorillas). I am spoiled now and won't use anything else.

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #19  
Video is "the three Larrys" at their best. Would like to see them compare a rubber footed straight ladder under the same conditions.

SIL has a Little Giant which I think is a great ladder, very sturdy & very stable. That being said, I have 2 of & prefer folding ladders such as :Heavy Duty Aluminum Multi-Purpose Ladder Folding Ladder | eBay.

Find them easier to handle/erect, more compact when folded, adequate for anything in the 12' range, and more stable than any 6' stepladder short of specialized industrial quality. Much easier to use as a sawhorse than LG. Not as accomodating on stairs as LG. MikeD74t

/ Little Giant Extreme ladder? #20  
There are a number of videos that demonstrate how people were injured by little giant ladders.

As someone who has been using a Little Giant since I was old enough to climb one and moving one since I was strong enough to pick one end up, if you reef in both directions on the top of the ladder it can kick out on the bottom. A Werner extension ladder like they used for comparison will do the same thing if you rock it from side to side.

The other guy who has a similar video has one side extended and the other side retracted, then he puts the retracted side up.
Makes no sense to me as the retracted side is heavier, so I ALWAYS put it down
Setting it up like they did is a weakness that can cause it to move if abused. It looks like their newer ladders have a latch with 3-4 pins that should be tighter.

Aaron Z