Live Power.....Rear PTO

/ Live Power.....Rear PTO #1  

ProFord

Tractor
2000 Century 2035
Do the tractors in the 20-30 hp range have live power? I have really never got a straight anwser. Or are they like the old Ford8n. Thanks.

/ Live Power.....Rear PTO #2  
No, they do not have a true "live PTO". When you step on the clutch the PTO is disengaged. However, you can duplicate how a "live PTO" works by using the shuttle shift to stop the tractor or change directions. The shuttle shift works like an automatic transmission and doesn't require the clutch to operate. It just takes some practice when using in close quarters. This of course assumes that your tractor has a shuttle shift and not a straight gear drive. This has been discussed many times in the past, but can be somewhat confusing if you have not operated a Yanmar before.

/ Live Power.....Rear PTO #3  
Captain, do you mean powershift? I have a SS trans, on my 'bota and you do need to clutch when changing direction or going to neutral. PS is way nicer in that regard. I test drove a 1610D and the PS was simply awesome.

/ Live Power.....Rear PTO #4  
Yes that is what he is talking about, some call it a shuttle, but its not.

/ Live Power.....Rear PTO #5  
You can also add a PTO clutch, which will allow you to change direction with a gear drive trans without stopping the PTO completely (like if you're using your brush hog)

/ Live Power.....Rear PTO #6  
I did mean powershift. Too many years running a Case with a shuttle.