Livestock and Goat Fencing

/ Livestock and Goat Fencing #11  
Probably overkill for goats but we use electric tape for our horses. It's 2 inches wide with the thin wire strands running through the weave. We use 4 strands on T posts and all the T posts and corner posts have white PVC sleeves so they look attractive. As Wen said it's a pulse type fence, hard wired not solar, but we don't keep it on all the time and the horses respect it. You can touch it with your arm when wearing rubber soled shoes and only feel a slight tingle but take your shoe off and do the same thig and WHUMP! Big difference! Anyway it looks nice, is horse safe, and does the job. (Now if I can only stop the stupid deed from running through it at night!!!!)

/ Livestock and Goat Fencing #12  
Hi ya
goats and tape don't mix if the power went off i'd give them 1/2 to 3/4 of a hour to work it out and chew ya tape up .netting is your best bet but don't have any stays on corners or any thing they can climb I.E if you fence is 5 foot and you have a old tree stump beside it you fence maybe only 2foot by the time billy is standing on it .wen if you want some plans of fences i can scan them and send them to you
catch ya
JD Kid