LK 3054 PTO Cluch

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #1  

Jimmyb33

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I let a buddy borrow my Lk 3054 to do some brush hogging and when he brought it back, it had developed a problem. When I engage the PTO with the lever, It automatically starts spinning even with the cluch completly compressed. I hope there is a way to adjust the clutch linkage so that it works properly, but I'm not sure how to approach it. I guessed he had bent some of the linkage under the tractor when using it but have not been able to find anything that looks out of whack.

Thanks for any help here...

jb

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #2  
The PTO on my 3054 does the same thing. Gets a little hairy when
digging holes with the PHD.

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #3  
Could just be an adjustment. You should have 3/4" to 1" of free play in the clutch pedal. If not, loosen the lock nut on the clutch linkage rod and adjust the pedal to 3/4".

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch
Thanks for the reply. I didn't get a chance to get out there this weekend but will try one evening this week to check it out. That info will give me a target to shoot for vs. me just tinkering with it until I make it better (or worse)...
Thanks!
jb

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #5  
Thanks for the reply. I didn't get a chance to get out there this weekend but will try one evening this week to check it out. That info will give me a target to shoot for vs. me just tinkering with it until I make it better (or worse)...
Thanks!
jb

So what did it end up being that caused the problems

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch
I still haven't made it out there with a wrench yet. I did eye-ball check the free play on the ckutch peddal and it looks like a little over an inch... maybe 1.5 inches. I'm going to try to do some brush hogging this weekend and will make the adjustment to the linckage before I get going. I'll report back what I find.

jb

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #7  
If an older LK3054 (non-XS) it probably needs the clutch gap reset.
Pull the little side cover off, just above the hydraulic dist block.
Look for the head of a bolt sticking out like it is loose it will be nestled into a notch cut out ....there will be 3 of them.
They are for the free play on the traveling Pressure plate.
They should be set at around .028
You will be setting the gap between the PP and the bottom of the head of the bolt.
You will have to roll the motor over as they are 120 off of each other.
I believe these are either 14mm.
Normally they are very loose. Tighten them to .028 you will have to hold the flywheel while tightening them.
Then set the pedal free play as MIE stated.

I see it is a 199 so the above procedure should fix you up.

BTI

Last edited:
   / LK 3054 PTO Cluch
Thanks BTI for that info. I'll deffinately have a look at them before I adjust the linkage. Is there anyway you (or anyone else) can upload a picture of the cover plate showing it's location? That would be a huge help. Also, just to be clear, the gap is to be set at 0.028" correct? ...not 0.028mm.. (I know very small but I have to ask.)

Thanks!
jb

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch #9  
Yep .028......SAE LOL
Sorry I have no picture to upload.

The plate is directly below the throttle lever, on the bellhousing.
It has the diagram for the hydraulic splitter on it unless it was powerwashed off.
It's held on by 2 bolts with 12mm heads.
It is approx 3" or 4" tall

BTI

/ LK 3054 PTO Cluch
Thanks BTI!!! I was just sitting here digging through the owner's manual and shop manual looking for that plate! I was out looking on the tractor 15 minuets ago and didn't see anything I thought would be that plate. I did see the plate with the diagram on it and thought it might be the one. Now, with your help, I know what to do. Thanks for the help! If is't not a wash out here this weekend, I'll try to get out there and get it fixed!

jb