LK3054XS Best for Me?

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #1  

lablovers

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti, LK3054XS
I have been tractor shopping and think the LK3054XS might fit the bill. Have looked at Branson, Mahindra, TYM, NH, and Kubota. Right now the the most bang for the buck is the Kioti. Below are my needs.
$20,000.00 budget.
Backhoe for building a house then for tree planting
5.4 acres about 1/2 usable.
Loader and future scraper for landscaping and maintenance.
4 wheel drive as I live in foothills. Not always level terrain.
Found the LK3054XS with loader, 7 1/2 foot backhoe, four post ROPS with Cover and 5 year warranty @ $19,450. This sounds good to me. Have I chosen the right unit? Oh and I have to have the tractor shipped to me. It is from a reccommended company. The California prices are about $2,000 higher.
Thanks,
lablovers

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #2  
The price sounds OK to me.
As far as recommending the tractor for digging out a house foundation I can't really say.
It depends on the size and depth you plan on digging.

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #3  
<font color="blue"> </font> Greetings, I own a 3054 with FEL and Backhoe (+ other stuff) I use it on 5 acres in the northern California foot hills. The primary purpose of the tractor is to mow and level my driveway, but I have dug a building foundation and had no problems at all. At my place it seems like we have more rocks than soil except when it rains then we just have mud with rocks thrown in for texture. The 3054. is perfect for 5 acres I think it is a great piece of equipment. I have 23 hours on mine (just bought it last Nov) and have had zero problems with it and my attachements.

/ LK3054XS Best for Me?
JFP,
We might be neighbors. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I too live in the northern California foothills. Actually live in the Weimar area. This is between Colfax and Auburn on I80. You sound like only me about six month ahead of me. For my basement I have to dig footings and a daylight basement. This might be asking more than it is capable of doing but if necessary, I can rent or bring in someone to do what I can't. Time is on my side as I can plug away at my own speed. I like that the 3054 has 10.0 gpm on the hydraulic punp. Do you experience any of the attachments working slowly. This should be plenty of gpm. Did you purchase you tractor locally? If so from whom and how did they treat you. The closest 3045 is in El Dorado. I would like to see how it feels. Let me know anything I should be watching for.
Have a dealer pushing me to go with a Branson and it is a nice unit. Right now a little torn between two lovers. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Anyway anything additional you can add would be appreciated. Have a good weekend.
Regards,
Richard

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #6  
Richard,
The xs should work out fine for the work your planning.
The new xs model has improved hydraulic flow over the 3054.
So slow hydraulics should be a non- issue.

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #7  
<font color="#FF641A">I don't want to knock anyone's equipment, but a friend owns a Branson dealership and advised me that they have problems you don't want to deal with. He does a good bit of warranty work on them. Just FYI. The Kiotis are strong, dependable and so much fun. Daedong makes a great diesel engine, and has since 1949. Go for the XS, you'll be glad you did. John</font>
CK20Action

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #8  
Lablovers... Sounds like Kiotijohn's kioti lunges at more than just the Deere. I wouldn't let him scare you away from the Kukje (branson) tractor. Both tractors you are considering are fine tractors. You would not go wrong with either in my opinion. I own a branson 4020... It has been a hoot to play with. Problem is, once you get one...you have to keep buying more toys for it. Get that tractor, and start enjoying it...what ever it is. Life is short.

/ LK3054XS Best for Me?
Thanks everyone for your imput. Lots of things to think about. I do like that the Branson which has a wider footprint, but like how the backhoe is nested closer to the rear of the Kioti. the big question will be does it have enough leg room. Have to admit a lack of leg room in many CUT's has been a problem. The US based companies keep taller Americans in mind while the imports seem to think everyone is the same size.
After giving my pound of flesh to the tax man hopefully I can get the tractor unless it ends up being a ton. Would like to do some work while the ground is still moist.
I am keeping an open mind to all units, but right now leaning toward the Kioti. I hope it fits. Having TBM is a blast. I am like a little kid in the evenings. At least my wife knows where I am.
Best to all
Richard aka lablovers

/ LK3054XS Best for Me? #10  
Its been awhile since I last sat on a 3054, so I can't remember how much leg room they had.
I'm 6'1' and my DK 35 has a nice open deck and all kinds of leg room.