Traction Loaded rear tires

/ Loaded rear tires #21  
When putting water in the tires, you need to put a jack under the tractor axle to keep the tire from going completely flat. If allowed to go all the way down, it just might break the bead seals and then you may have a problem getting them to seat back.
One guy here had a unique way of getting the antifreeze into the tire. He just attached a piece of tubing to the valve stem and put the other in in the antifreeze jug (this is after letting out all the air) He then lowered his jack to compress the tire a bit to squeeze out more air, jacked it back up and let the suction pull all the antifreeze into the tire. Repeat as needed to get all the antifreeze in the tire. NO PUMP needed and no funnel to try to pour it in. Position the tire with the stem TDC and fill with water till you stop getting air out when burping. You may have to add air to get the correct tire pressure, but more than likely you will need to take air out.

/ Loaded rear tires
Yup Gary , the rear tires are marked tube/tubeless , hence my confusion. I bought the fill valve at TSC last night and I am thinking 1 gallon of the petsafe antifreeze in each tire for my own peace of mind. maybee get time this weekend.

Thanks for all the advice and kinship !!

God Bless
C-Ya
Scott

/ Loaded rear tires #23  
Thank You all for the info !! In reality I would love to go with rimguard , but I dont think it's in my budget. ( I havent officially priced it , but Im sure it's NOT cheap ) checked pet safe antifreeze at TSC , $19.99 a gallon............Im not sure how much good 1 gallon in each tire with 54 gallons of water would be, and if I put 4-5 gallons in now Im at a little over a $100 per tire so.. I guess my question is will 1 in 54 gallons help or bite the bullet,and spend the money for rimguard ??

Thanks,
Scott
Spend $100's and max inconvenience instead of free freedom.:confused2:
larry

/ Loaded rear tires #24  
I was going to fill my tires with water. I wanted rimguard fr the extra weight but there are no distributors anywhere close. I had a buddy that went to northern Michigan for a wedding a couple months ago. I got the 110 gallons of rimguard that I wanted for $250 bucks. I figured for the difference in antifreeze/water and rimguard, I am glad I could get rimguard.

/ Loaded rear tires #25  
I was going to fill my tires with water. I wanted rimguard fr the extra weight but there are no distributors anywhere close. I had a buddy that went to northern Michigan for a wedding a couple months ago. I got the 110 gallons of rimguard that I wanted for $250 bucks. I figured for the difference in antifreeze/water and rimguard, I am glad I could get rimguard.
Puncture a tire and watch that $250 drain out on the ground. If you dont have subzero winter conditions water is all you need and that $250 could have bought you permanent cast iron wheel weights that would have more than made up the difference in weight.

/ Loaded rear tires #26  
I was told when I bought my 4041 that these (LS) tractors are heavy enough not to need weights or fluid. I had fluid (calcium chloride) in my Ford 2120 and it made a huge difference esp when mowing fescue on the pond dam.

I'd be curious to see if anyone can update how their LS tractors NOW perform with the rear fluid in place. In addition, it is my understanding that there are no wheel weights for these tractors yet----at least none on the LS website....thanks.

/ Loaded rear tires #27  
I had mine loaded with rim guard no so much for traction but as a counterweight for a full bucket of material. Without the rim guard... rear end would come off ground with a full bucket of wet material.

/ Loaded rear tires #28  
I was told when I bought my 4041 that these (LS) tractors are heavy enough not to need weights or fluid. I had fluid (calcium chloride) in my Ford 2120 and it made a huge difference esp when mowing fescue on the pond dam.

I'd be curious to see if anyone can update how their LS tractors NOW perform with the rear fluid in place. In addition, it is my understanding that there are no wheel weights for these tractors yet----at least none on the LS website....thanks.

I don't have any experience with the LS tractors but it is hard for me to imagine that any tractor would not benefit in stability and traction from fluid ballast in the rear tires. It made a world of difference in both of mine and I would not consider owning one that didn't have loaded tires unless I was using to work on finished lawns exclusively.

MarkV