Ballast Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights?

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #11  
the only problem with loaded tires if you get a flat you loose all your juice then back to the dealer to refill .

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #12  
Not necessarily. Just move the hole to 12 oclock postion and fix. I doubt that most tire flats are instant gushers. even if you lost some, I don't think it would be enough to make it noticeable .

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #13  
yea but if you are in the woods you cant jack up so quick.

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #14  
yea but if you are in the woods you cant jack up so quick.

jack up? hmm If I were you , I'd just creep forward till hole is at the top.

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #15  
If you are still in the negotiating phase I suggest you negotiate another set of wheels into the deal.
I have loaded R4s AND empty turfs; there is no way I would heft the 1100 or so pounds of equivalent metal wheel weights around, but with an engine crane and a little enginuity (deliberate mis-spell) I can swap these over quite quickly.
Round numbers; 100 gallons of RimGuard for 2 17.5Lx24 R4s = 1100 lbs.

BTW, it is quite possible to tear up lawns with turf tires, it is MUCH more about techniques and conditions than tire treads, sharp turns will do it if the ground is wet enough.

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #16  
If you are going to mostly mow, then go with wheel weights. Or buy a HEAVY box blade. If you check the prices, the light box blade cost + the wheel weight cost is about the same as the heavy blade. Just get the heavy one, it will work better as a counter balance and you will still have a light machine for mowing.

jb

You don't have attachment's weight as ballast when you are using it.....
Sure, a heavy box blade is a decent counter weight when using a loader, although in tight quarters it can get in the way, but when used as a box blade it's weight has no effect as ballast.

Just load the tires with RimGuard, don't use tubes, do get the hole to 12 o'clock to plug it.

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #17  
Compared to most others Kubotas are light in weight tractors. Some say that is a bad thing about a Kubota. From my experience Kubota has made a tractor that is not so heavy and still able to transfer the power to the ground as well as a much heavier tractor. .

Absolutely not true. The friction calculations that determine how much power is transfered to the ground are clearly dependent on mass which is correlatable to weight. Less weight equals lower power transfer.

Andy

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #18  
I would never run a loader tractor without loaded tires. On mu Ford 3230 Ford recommended loaded tires and a 3 pt hitch equilavent weight equal to the amount lifted. To get equilavent weight multiply the rear attachemnt weight times 1.5

Andy

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #19  
I know one NH dealer that put up a fuss when I said I would want the loader but didn't want the tires loaded.
Said something about THEIR liability on a tractor/loader with that that much lift becoming unstable. I was looking at their 45 HP tractors at the time and planning to do my own tire filling, he said they couldn't sell it with a loader and without loaded tires - I walked.

/ Loaded Tires or Wheel Weights? #20  
Compared to most others Kubotas are light in weight tractors. Some say that is a bad thing about a Kubota. From my experience Kubota has made a tractor that is not so heavy and still able to transfer the power to the ground as well as a much heavier tractor.

Absolutely not true. The friction calculations that determine how much power is transfered to the ground are clearly dependent on mass which is correlatable to weight. Less weight equals lower power transfer.

Andy
Andy, Im sure you meant Force. Merely going faster would allow the Kubs to put all their Power to the ground. The light tractor would never be able to deliver force comparable to the heavier one tho, due the traction limitation you stated.;)
larry