Tires Loaded tires question.

/ Loaded tires question. #11  
Once I lift the tractor off the ground the pressure equilizes within the dye injector and its associated bleeder valve. Then the only positive pressure is that introduced by the pump. Or course you must shut off the dye injector before you power down the air pump; otherwise it might get messy when you release the locking air chucks.

/ Loaded tires question. #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Once I lift the tractor off the ground the pressure equilizes within the dye injector and its associated bleeder valve. Then the only positive pressure is that introduced by the pump. Or course you must shut off the dye injector before you power down the air pump; otherwise it might get messy when you release the locking air chucks.

)</font>

Sounds simple enough.

/ Loaded tires question. #13  
That all sounds well and good, but you both forgot to take line loss into account. When this type of internal friction is factored in, plus the mass of the dye, you need a pretty stout container but of smaller volume than the tire to store the used air. Then, you need to be careful in winter with it because as we all know, there is great need for more hot air in winter and people tend to steal it. Often times it resurfaces in threads like this one which even a total newbie can tell is just full of the stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Loaded tires question. #14  
Is the dye safe to use in tubeless tires or must tubes be installed? Also, are all dyes compatable? Is there an online source for the transfer tubes or must one go to the dealer? Please respond quickly, as I haven't done this before and it must be quite overdue! P.S., That's why these forums are so valuable - I find information here that I couldn't get anywhere else...

/ Loaded tires question. #15  
Well, any dye I have used came in a tube, kind of like toothpaste does. Logically then, it should be safe to use in tubes, too. It'll probably be okay without the tubes also. Otherwise all the guys using recycled and dyed air in tubeless turf tires might have found their lawn dyed. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

(Sorry for that last one, I just couldn't help it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

/ Loaded tires question. #16  
Id say if you stick with a major brand name of dye, you should be fine in any tire. The most common brand of dye that Ive found is Aroliva.

There are other brands but your best bet is Aroliva dyes.

/ Loaded tires question. #17  
That's why I prefer Aroliva Dye of the color "Bermuda Green" to use in the lawn tractor. When it leaks from the turfs the yard looks better. Using dye in tube form, though, will not allow you to use gravity feed dye injectors. Here in Phoenix I also use the color "Granite Grey" in the Sub Cut so that it will match the desert when the Industrial tires leak.

/ Loaded tires question. #18  

Just stopped by to see what was going on here and feel like I just witnessed a drive-by shooting. If you boyz don't stop I'm gonna treat you to some of ma' really BAD puns.
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

J

/ Loaded tires question. #19  
I used to think the front tires on my old 8N were loaded. The things wobbled every which way when I drove the tractor. Then I fixed the steering linkage and the problem stopped. Apparently, they weren't so loaded after all.

The rears on my Kubota are a different story. If you aren't familiar with them, they mount on a hex axle with a through pin and clamp arrangement. Ever since they've been loaded, they wobble a lot more than they did before. I'm hesistant to take it on the road for fear it'll get cited for public intoxication.
Frankly, I surprized such a conservative group as this is so into getting their tires loaded.

/ Loaded tires question. #20  
It seems the ballast and stability are important with the loaded tires, Not having to have some other type of ballast on the back, ie BB, for fel work is nice especially in tight quarters, I had them fill the back tires of the 3130 that I am using until my 3830 comes in and have a very hilly property and have found no problems with using the FEL without any other ballast....