Loader control valve not curling bucket

/ Loader control valve not curling bucket #11  
Yes, you do have to be careful as there are balls and springs under the cap.

Put a rag or/and a magnet under the parts .

You might need a manual to reassemble.

/ Loader control valve not curling bucket #12  
A couple of weeks ago I had the same proble with no curl but it was a very obvious broken line.

Suggest you disconnect the quick couples and with the tractor off work the joy stick looking for slop or maybe a missing pin etc. or something jammed in that prevents movement.

/ Loader control valve not curling bucket #13  
I would NOT advise taking any valves apart till you rule it out first....otherwise you will have a can-o-worms and two problems

swap the hoses from the lift circuit with the curl circuit and see if the problem changes......and look closely at the spools and make sure they are stroking in and out properly

If after the hose swap if the problem changes to the lift circuit then you have a cyl problem (very common BTW)....blown piston seal or nut coming off the end of the rod inside one of the curl cylinders

(All this assumes you have checked all your QD's for proper connection first)

/ Loader control valve not curling bucket
I already swapped the hoses and confirmed that I can get the bucket to curl this way.
When you say spool, I am still not sure what you are referring to. Below is a picture that I took of the control valve where the joystick is connected to it. IS the vertical cylinder thing that I circled in red the spool? If so, this is the thing that is not moving down when I pull the joystick to the left. I cannot push it down by hand either. Its like something is jamming it, but I do not see anything in the picture that would be causing the jam. I think it may be something underneath this cylinder that is preventing it from going down, but I am not sure how to inspect underneath it.
Also, if you look at the picture I also circled a little half ball shaped piece of metal that was just sitting inside the boot. Where could this piece have come from?

I also noticed that the joystick does not return to center and flops around a lot. Could there be a broken spring somewhere? This is the first time I ever looked at a control valve so I am not sure where the spring would even be.

valve.jpgvalve.jpg

/ Loader control valve not curling bucket #15  
If the spool will not center, then you have to remove the can on the bottom of the curl spool and remove the parts on the end of the spool.

It will have a spring and two spring cups.. If may have some balls and spring for the regen if your spool has regen.

You should have a manual before taking things apart.

Who makes the valve, and model number?

/ Loader control valve not curling bucket #16  
Is the other half of that ball around somewhere in the control stick action?

The control stick is also bent in the thread area. Is this normal or planned.

/ Loader control valve not curling bucket #17  
I am not sure where the spring would even be.

Yes, the red circled part is the spool.....the spring/can/bonnet/balls will be directly inline on the back side of the valve body (underneath)

I went back down to the farm today and took a video (see link below). As you can see when I pull the lever to the right in the video the spool on the right side of the video should lower, but it does not. Is this clearly a problem with the joystick area, or could there be something under the spool that is not allowing it to lower?
I am a little confused as to what possible things could cause the spool not to go down. Even if there was no hydraulic fluid in the system, shouldn't this spool go up and down with relative ease? I am apprehensive about removing the spool caps and having to reassemble springs and bearings.
I did notice that there is a little pin that is missing from underneath one of the circular ball joint things, but I just stuck a nail through the hole for the time being for support and that did not affect any change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvBctFyjxo

The control serial plate shows it is a Nimco 10373-2s.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Is the other half of that ball around somewhere in the control stick action?

The control stick is also bent in the thread area. Is this normal or planned.

No, that one piece was the only spare piece lying inside the boot when I opened it. Its not really a half ball, its more like a metal contact lens. I have no clue where it could have come from. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the previous owner rigged up one of the ball sockets to tighten things up or something.