Loader dvice for a long-time lurker, first time poster?

/ Loader dvice for a long-time lurker, first time poster? #11  
Sounds like they plumbed something wrong or diverter valve is set incorrectly.

/ Loader dvice for a long-time lurker, first time poster? #12  
Does the BX have a 3pt speed control that may have been set to the lock position for some reason? The control knob is normally right below the seat in the center.

MarkV

/ Loader dvice for a long-time lurker, first time poster?
MarkV said:
Does the BX have a 3pt speed control that may have been set to the lock position for some reason? The control knob is normally right below the seat in the center.

MarkV

Hi all-

I hadn't done anything with the knob lately, but just to check I ran the knob (viewed from a position in front of the operator seat facing toward the back of the tractor) from all the way left (fast) to almost all the way right (slow) and all the way left (locked) and tried cycling the 3-pt all three ways at a fast idle (enough to make the FEL lift at normal speed). No luck.

/ Loader dvice for a long-time lurker, first time poster?
Hi all-

It got wierd then it got fixed. Those who've been following the saga knew that after my Woods FEL (for a Kubota BX2230) was delivered, the loader worked fine but the 3-point hitch was disabled for some strange reason. Things were tried and the dealer rep came out to look (but couldn't find anything obvious at the time - of course we were looking at the linkage and the block attachment to the hydraulics). Since the loader was working we figured they could take it in late this week/early next (I'm off this week) and I could use the loader this week.

And then it got wierd. Day before yesterday, the bucket wouldn't curl (but now the 3-point arms were rising). Then, the bucket would curl but the arms wouldn't lower with pressure (and again the 3-point arms were lifted). The dealer came yesterday morning to get it and check it out. The problem was hiding in plain sight - the installer had gotten the lines mixed up and apparently crossed the PBY and power lines to the valve. No less than three people (original mech, the dealer rep and myself) missed it. Oops. In retrospect, that the loader was working at all seems implausible, but there we go.

FYI, the dealer came to my house, picked up the tractor, corrected the problem and returned the tractor back to my house between 930AM and 3PM (same day - yesterday).

The moral (to me) of the story is that even when folks are careful, dumb things sometimes happen. The test to me is how willing they are to correct the problem rapidly. Given the wierd stuff I was telling them, some dealers would've disbelieved me and put me on a back burner. This dealer has been nothing but helpful and willing to make things right as soon as possible.

Thanks to all who offered advice - I've been using the Woods 1005 for a few days now to move brush around and do light digging. A very nice unit with which I am well and truly pleased (especially now that the hydraulics are correctly run).