Loader Loader Failure

/ Loader Failure #31  
So how did the hood get dented in this process anyway? Did the loader arm move over that far and hit it?

/ Loader Failure #32  
The dealers would do better if they just set there prices to be competitive rather than extreme, that's how we all go and get what we can at a cheaper price rather than let the dealer do things that would cost us a little bit more and they could inspect the machine for other problems and repair as well !!

/ Loader Failure #33  
I purchased my 1999 New Holland 1720 used in 2006...
Affixed clearly on the machine is a sticker that states transportation to and from dealership is not covered under warranty...
That said, my dealership offers pick-up and transport of your tractor to the dealership for a set fee of $30 as long as the transport is not over 20 miles or so...
Seems reasonable to me...
Insurance, taxes, tags, cost of maintenance for the truck, etc... is expensive...
With that said, I would think that if I was in a warranty situation like yours that $350 haul bill would be reduced somewhat for good will to the customer...
40 miles one way equates to 80 miles round trip...
80 x 2 = 160 miles...
They are charging $2 a mile and that is pretty much the going rate...

/ Loader Failure #34  
I purchased my 1999 New Holland 1720 used in 2006...
40 miles one way equates to 80 miles round trip...
80 x 2 = 160 miles...
They are charging $2 a mile and that is pretty much the going rate...
Although, often the rate is $2 per LOADED MILE.
Or the oneway distance.

/ Loader Failure #35  
Although, often the rate is $2 per LOADED MILE.
Or the oneway distance.

So who pays for the gas, wear and tear and driver's wages when not loaded?
I would think the cost is pretty much the same each way, loaded or not. The only savings might be a bit of gas when not loaded due to a bit less weight. In an earlier post I suggested he phone around to towing companies to see if he can get it for less, most tow truck operators seem to have flat deck trucks now.
That way he can also see if the charge of $350.00 is fair.

/ Loader Failure #36  
One often sees charges "per loaded mile". I think the return trip is calculated into the cost.

When you take a TAXI ride, you pay for the time you spend in the car, not the time the taxi spent to come get you, or spent heading to pick up the next fare.

On a longhaul truck, they will often try to find something to carry both ways, but for local transport that may not be practical.

/ Loader Failure #37  
Everyone understands that the "dealer" does not cover transportation cost, however Kioti should in this case, seeing, and I am guessing this is an atypical case, if not I have bought the wrong brand of tractor, and should be handled as such. This has left me with a bad feeling about Kioti and could sway me to stay away from the brand in future purchases.
Kioti is lucky no one got seriously hurt and a lawsuit was not filed regarding manufacture negligence.
Come on Kioti cough up the dealer cost for transport, only right. My $.02

/ Loader Failure #38  
A contractor I know only uses CAT equipment... had a skid-steer almost out of warranty that had a problem.

Dealer dropped off a free loaner and covered transportation.

/ Loader Failure #39  
Catastrophic failure due to defects in materials/workmanship. This is not a simple under warranty covered repair like a bad instrument cluster, or similar. Kioti should step up and cover the entire cost of effecting a fast and safe repair for the owner without any expense to him. It's called good will, and Kioti can afford to pay for it and write it off as a business expense. NOT every repair which needs transport should be covered, but this is one of the ones that deserves to be covered by Kioti.

/ Loader Failure #40  
Is there anything the user could have done to weaken the joint?

I was talking to a neighbor today who said his brother was propping the tractor up with the bucket (perhaps a crosswise extension on it) while using the backhoe, and the side to side action of the backhoe would tear up the bucket, although as I understood it was the mount between the bucket and the front end loader.

Even if the failure happened while working in the barn, it could have been weakened from earlier work.

Still, a catastrophic failure is not desirable.