Loader going crazy!

/ Loader going crazy! #1  

mroldstyle

Silver Member
Tractor
2003 New Holland tc 29d
NH TC 29, my loader has started acting goofy, when I go to dump the bucket it will dump but then if I push the joystick farther to the right to activate high speed dump (regen?) it will curl back up. This just sarted the last two time I used it. Any Ideas on what to start looking for?
Thanks

/ Loader going crazy! #2  
I couldn't say what might cause that but much reading here would make me first look at the quick connects. Seems lots of people remove/replace their loaders and even though the connections appear to be made, they're not quite fully engaged.

After that, I might start looking at the seals on the control block. Both of those functions are controlled by a single control device.

/ Loader going crazy! #3  
I agree with Larry. The reason your bucket curls up when going to regen is that pressure is greater on the curl side than the dump side. Regen not only feeds fluid into the dump circuit, but it ties the dump and curl circuits together for direct flow. With high pressure on the curl side, it causes the bucket to curl instead of dump. That could be caused by a faulty or disconnected quick connect.

/ Loader going crazy!
Make sense, now that I think about it it started when I switched from bucket to brush grapple, so possibly something is up with the QC. Will check when I get home from work tommorow morning.

/ Loader going crazy!
That was it!
THANKS