Loader Hoses rubbing hood

/ Loader Hoses rubbing hood #1  

mcgill72143

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3320 Cab
I took my 300CX off today and noticed a slight rub in the side hood paint where the hoses run between the loader arms and hood. does anyone have the same problem and is there a way to fix it ..?....I thought about some heavy duty zip ties but im not sure even that would make it clear....

/ Loader Hoses rubbing hood #2  
My 400cx on my 4720 was the same. I used 1 heavy duty zip tie, and it worked fine.

/ Loader Hoses rubbing hood #3  
I took my 300CX off today and noticed a slight rub in the side hood paint where the hoses run between the loader arms and hood. does anyone have the same problem and is there a way to fix it ..?....I thought about some heavy duty zip ties but im not sure even that would make it clear....

I have a 3720 w/CX and noticed the same thing. There are brackets and zip ties that are supposed to be included with the loader to prevent that. After I was fed up with the marks it was leaving I researched it and complained to the dealer and they sent the right brackets and zip-ties, of course now I have a hood with rub marks that are permanent,

I think these came with the loader but the dealers are lazy and don't put them on. Then it clears just fine.

/ Loader Hoses rubbing hood
I have a 3720 w/CX and noticed the same thing. There are brackets and zip ties that are supposed to be included with the loader to prevent that. After I was fed up with the marks it was leaving I researched it and complained to the dealer and they sent the right brackets and zip-ties, of course now I have a hood with rub marks that are permanent,

I think these came with the loader but the dealers are lazy and don't put them on. Then it clears just fine.

I talked to my dealer and he is sending a guy out to pick the tractor up and should have it back to me later today.......things on the list he is looking at are brush guard paint flaking off, pto selector lever hard to change, loader hoses and hood scuff, rear bush hog vibration......they also delivered it to me dirty (not detailed) and with almost an empty tank......not really any major problem.....just sounds like the service guys need to pay more attention to the small stuff.....

/ Loader Hoses rubbing hood #5  
If I understand correctly, my salesperson included one rubber bungee to prevent exactly this issue on my 2305 with 200CX loader. I distinctly remember it because the service people prepared the tractor, but on delivery the salesman pulled the bungee from his pocket and affixed it to the machine while explaining what would happen without it. In-other-words it was not attached to the machine when it came off the trailer.

/ Loader Hoses rubbing hood #6  
My hoses rub too. I'm gonna zip tie them. My pto lever is stiff as well..I don't think they will be able to fix that. I have already gone through the machine to remedy issues like that and the stiff loader controls. It's do to the fact that all the controls use cables that have to bend a couple times to get to where they are going. I bought some syringes and may attempt to inject motor oil in the cables. Your dealer should have gave you a full tank of fuel and a detailed clean tractor. What's up with the mower deck? They got you a new one?

My hoses rub too. I'm gonna zip tie them. My pto lever is stiff as well..I don't think they will be able to fix that. I have already gone through the machine to remedy issues like that and the stiff loader controls. It's do to the fact that all the controls use cables that have to bend a couple times to get to where they are going. I bought some syringes and may attempt to inject motor oil in the cables. Your dealer should have gave you a full tank of fuel and a detailed clean tractor. What's up with the mower deck? They got you a new one?

Yup they have another deck on order. The dealer sent out a guy in a half ton pickup truck pulling and 14' utility trailer and when he tried to drive up on the trailer , the back of the truck lifted off the ground :laughing:......he said he would be back with the large flatbed trailer later. While he was gone I called the dealer and told him that he wasn't making a good first impression with me and to just come pick the tractor up when the deck comes in and then do all the work at once......

P.S Mike.......I wish you could have sold me that 93 black mustang you had in your youtube videos......very nice car.....:drool:

/ Loader Hoses rubbing hood #8  

My tractor did not come with a full tank of fuel. It had about a half a tank. I asked my dealer and he said they do not come with a full tank. My buddy bought from a different Deere dealer and he said they told them the same thing. I could have swore my New Holland had a full tank when I got it but then again that was when fuel was cheap.

/ Loader Hoses rubbing hood #9  
Picture of 2.pngPicture of 3.png

18 N189220 TIE BAND
20 W50298 HOSE SUPPORT
21 24M3527 WASHER (17 X 24 X 2 MM

Youi need # 18, 20,21 on the first picture and # 26-29 on the second. They came with the FEL but never put them on and the dealer will send them to you. Bungying to the rail isn't a fix.

View attachment 322520View attachment 322521

18 N189220 TIE BAND
20 W50298 HOSE SUPPORT
21 24M3527 WASHER (17 X 24 X 2 MM

Youi need # 18, 20,21 on the first picture and # 26-29 on the second. They came with the FEL but never put them on and the dealer will send them to you. Bungying to the rail isn't a fix.

just checked and they are on mine.......I think I found out why they were rubbing the hood......The dealer had the hoses hooked to the quick connects at an angle towards the hood forcing the hose bundle to lay on the hood side......I re-hooked them straight up and down and the hoses now clear the hood by 2" and stay close to the loader arm........Im still gonna tie them to the arm in one place to keep them from hitting.....