Loader hydraulic hoses won't connect on 4310

/ Loader hydraulic hoses won't connect on 4310 #21  
Then the good people on TBN suggested that I simply turn the tractor off, work the joystick + 3rd function button/switch in all directions to relieve the pressure, attach the couplings (they slid right in & locked), then start the tractor up. I do this procedure when both attaching or removing.

I thought everybody did this. It's just common sense!

/ Loader hydraulic hoses won't connect on 4310 #22  
I thought everybody did this. It's just common sense!

Well, yes, it is... after the fact. It's a matter of experience. Indeed, I was doing it almost correctly... but didn't know that working the 3rd function button on the joystick was the final step in relieving the pressure to that specific remote.

As soon as the good people of TBN (what, almost 6 years ago?) pointed out the missing step to me, I was :duh:!

/ Loader hydraulic hoses won't connect on 4310 #24  
BTW, found out about a hydraulic pressure relief tool that was discussed on this forum. The Waite Tool. Has anyone purchased it or used is for a similar problem with hydraulic hoses?

I spoke to that company again yesterday (after our PM's) and hop to have some of those tools here in stock in a few weeks.

Glad to hear you got everything connected now.

/ Loader hydraulic hoses won't connect on 4310 #25  
I use a lynch pin and rag... Also keeping the m-f attachment ends mated (check local laws) helps.

/ Loader hydraulic hoses won't connect on 4310 #26  
There was a time when I would relieve the pressure with a dowel & a quick tap or two (accompanied by a few choice words)...

Then the good people on TBN suggested that I simply turn the tractor off, work the joystick + 3rd function button/switch in all directions to relieve the pressure, attach the couplings (they slid right in & locked), then start the tractor up. I do this procedure when both attaching or removing.

It's been years since I've had to 'knock' a coupling.
That works sometimes.... other times not