Loader Hydraulic Safety Lock Block

/ Loader Hydraulic Safety Lock Block #1  

Thowle

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4066R Cab w/ H180 and 4-in-1 Bucket
Anyone know where to buy a safety lockout that fits over the cylinder arm for a loader?

Thought about getting some U channel and cutting it down to fit, but surely there is something already out there the correct size?

My H180 lift arm has an exposed cylinder of about 22" x 1.25" at full lift.

Raising the loader is required to get the side panels and front grille off of the 4066R; standing under the loader wouldn't be fun if a hose broke.

/ Loader Hydraulic Safety Lock Block #2  
Deere BW16466 is the service lock kit, according to jdparts

See your Deere salesperson and get one.

/ Loader Hydraulic Safety Lock Block
Good find. It's actually on the main site too, now that I search for that specific code ... Listed as "Australia Only" haha... Guess only the Aussies can be safe.

/ Loader Hydraulic Safety Lock Block #4  
I think I could make some FEL cylinder locks out of some pieces of angle iron for a lot less $$$$. The locks were listed in PC for H180 FEL(N American edition) BW16466 SERVICE LOCKS AND HARDWARE ADD 218.90 USD

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 173
   / Loader Hydraulic Safety Lock Block #5  
A piece of angle iron and some band clamps is a fairly standard method for blocking a cylinder extended. I suppose one could use zip ties instead of clamps in a pinch. You don't need a U-channel piece.

Rob

/ Loader Hydraulic Safety Lock Block #6  
BigBlue1
If you look closely at the photo I posted JD supplies four(4) zip ties with their $218.90 bargain.

/ Loader Hydraulic Safety Lock Block #7  
A wood post under the FEL will work too. Lot's of ways.. to skin that cat. :D