Loader Problem

/ Loader Problem #11  
<font color="blue"> Someone correct me if I am wrong. </font>
Ok, I will. Your wrong. When the cylinder drops faster than the fluid can refill the void, the air is pulled out of the fluid under a vaccum. That is where the problem is. It has nothing to do with how much fluid is in the tank or on the dipstick.

/ Loader Problem
Thanks for your reply, Jerry. You have forced me to “hit the books” in my old age.

I did some text book research on fluid dynamics and rediscovered the phenomenon of a “gaseous condition within a liquid stream caused when pressure is reduced to vapor pressure”. I also realized that all of the fluid movement and agitation present in the tractor gearbox and differential case causes air bubbles to be entrained in the hydraulic oil. I was neglecting to take this into account in my “theory of operation” when the piston end of the cylinder is under vacuum when dumping a heavy load, thereby causing cavitation.

I also now understand what a regenerative circuit is in this application, why it is helpful and how it works. What I need to do now is find out if the DK65 integral spool valve has one and if so, whether mine is working correctly or not.

Thanks again.

/ Loader Problem #13  
If it does have a regenerative circuit, you should be able to feel a detent as you move it to the right. As it moves past the detent, it will be in regenerative if the valve has such a option.

/ Loader Problem #14  
Jerry,

Will it actually have to have a detent position to have this function? Doesn't some of the smaller Kioti loaders have this feature now in the dump position? I think mine does but there is no detent. I was assuming it was just something in the way the spool is machined. I have to go find the article not too long ago about this on the Kioti loaders.

Steve