Loader Loader will not stay in float position

/ Loader will not stay in float position #1  

screech

Tractor
Kubota L2501DT
Kubota L2501DT Loader will not stay in float position. It can be manually held in float but will not stay on it's own. Can I fix this and avoid $150 transportation charges if possible.

/ Loader will not stay in float position #2  
Sounds like it will float, just not 'lock' in detent 'hold' position?
Probably some balls or such in the valve mechanism - clean and grease - easy job.

/ Loader will not stay in float position #3  
Detent mechanisms are prone to wear due to their nature (friction)...replacement kits are not overly expensive...I would check Messicks...

Also it's common for condensation to build up in the spool bottom caps which causes rust on the springs and balls...

/ Loader will not stay in float position
1 Year old w/50 hours. Warranty but transportation is high and onsite service is also high. Is there a picture of where this cap is on the valve? Do I need to remove the whole valve body?
TXDon Thanks for the links, I have a lot to look at now!!

/ Loader will not stay in float position #6  
1 Year old w/50 hours. Warranty but transportation is high and onsite service is also high. Is there a picture of where this cap is on the valve? Do I need to remove the whole valve body? Thank You
If it is not a cab tractor it should be easy...the caps are on the bottom of the spools...there are usually two bolts (Allen wrench) holding the caps...no need to remove anything but the caps...

It is considered standard maintenance to remove the caps periodically to check for condensation and grease the mechanisms...some come with weep holes...others drill their own weep holes...

here is one video...search for more specific vids for your application...

Hydraulic Valve Detent Removal - YouTube

/ Loader will not stay in float position #7  
Was the temperature cold enough to freeze? If so, it could have been ice down in the caps. Accumulated water can freeze there and cause exactly this problem.