Loaders, Woods & Alo/Quicke for NH TN90F tractor

/ Loaders, Woods & Alo/Quicke for NH TN90F tractor #12  
Re: Loaders, Woods & Alo/Quicke for NH TN90F tractor

2000-06-09
[BTW, although the tractor came from MI, I'm in VA. 2nd best--my PTO! Sorry about the picture, thought I did it right]

Let me try to talk about both Wen and Bird's comments.

Here is the big one.

I agree with you on the OEM issue, even though the undistinguished rep of SMC that makes NH loaders does not warm my TimTaylor heart. Only one problem, NH does not make a loader for this tractor! You heard right! The 33LA that fits the TN/TNS, et al, will not work, they say. So it is 3rd party or none.

The 7108 factory loader on my Ford 1720 is faultless after 12 years.

Much is not detailed on the www site beyond basic specs as you have seen. The Alo/Quicke guys sell complete hydraulics kits that tie into the power beyond capability on the TNF just past the pump, providing up to 4 scvs. The OEM remote setup is 2 lever controlled scvs in the rear, with no factory joystick and very little room for one in this cab. There is a Bosch pump with implement flow of either 17 or 19 gpm, depending on whether you go by the manual or the sales literature.

On the specs, I believe most mfrs now use either the SAE (automobile engrs) or ASAE (ag engrs) stds, with ASAE resulting in slightly higher numbers if I am not mistaken. Careful reading is definitely important I agree.

I believe the issue with Alo and my tractor is one of stability due to its narrowness at minimum setting (about 58 inches!). As I said before, the TNF is lower, heavier (6300#) and longer (about 150 inches) than the TN/TND/S series, but the narrower is what worries their lawyers I'll wager. Alo and Woods both say they have had the TNF in their shops and that they make specific subframes for it, though I noted in the dealer's book that Alo specifies the same one for the TN and TNF tractors.

The 4 in one bucket has become popular around here, esp on compacts, but it is only a consideration at this point, not definite. You are right, it is not a bulldozer, but for clamshelling things up from the ground it is reputed to work well. And with 2500-3000# of full height lift capacity, a few extra #s does not worry me too much. Further comments?

Wen, are you saying that bolts have actually been sheared due to too high a load on a loader frame? Wow, but better bolts than blocks or bell housings (saw one of those busted in the dealer's shop, ouch).

The TNF wheels can be set from 58 to about 70+ inches, so I plan on a 72 inch bucket. For safe loader and backhoe work, all the folks I have spoken to say keep the tires out more so than in. The Supersteer (turns 76 degrees) front axle presents its own set of issues for a loader as well.

Anyone have any experience on the Woods loaders? Bush Hog is not making any loaders that fit the Supersteer New Hollands, but the product manager there was really helpful on cutters, etc.

I'm gonna try the picture again. Thanks, gentlemen,

Jim

Quicke/Alo is the OEM supplier for NH loaders and has been for a few years now.
We have a TN85FA 2WD on the lot with a Woods loader on it. I have installed both Quicke/Alo and Woods loaders on the old Ford 4430 (Fiat) orchard tractors, and there is no comparison whatsoever. I'd get the Quicke in a heartbeat.

/ Loaders, Woods & Alo/Quicke for NH TN90F tractor #13  

I think Alo supplies loaders for most brands larger tractors. They are a superior loader for sure.
There shouldn't be any cutting & chopping unless someone is making one fit from an earlier tractor or something like that.

/ Loaders, Woods & Alo/Quicke for NH TN90F tractor #14  

OLD-THREAD-WARNING

Loader ML465 Tractor HP: - Frey Loaders

I have seen a tn90f with one of these on it
He has probably already gotten a FEL after 10 years since that this thread started.

But when we are on the subject of something from Sweden...
It is not spelled Alo, it is just the lack of special characters from the Swedish alphabet. Interestingly this forum is incapable of displaying them, I wrote them but just garbage characters came back after preview posting...

Alo is a Swedish company that makes FELs. They have their Quicke product line since long (the original Quicke FEL model that I have on my oldest tractor is over 50 years old). The product name I guess comes from that it was quick to put it on and off the tractor (worlds first such system for FELs).
10 years ago they (Alo bought the other big Swedish FEL manufacturer, Trima. Nowadays I think Trima product line is targeted as a less expensive FEL. Anyway it is not sold i North America.
In total Alo has a big world market share (25% for agricultural tractors 50+ hp according to them self).
Quicke loaders are OEM for several brands, at least that I remember now is Valtra and Massey Ferguson (of course not all of them, as Alo doesn't make compact loaders).

/ Loaders, Woods & Alo/Quicke for NH TN90F tractor #15  

OLD-THREAD-WARNING

He has probably already gotten a FEL after 10 years since that this thread started.

But when we are on the subject of something from Sweden...
It is not spelled Alo, it is just the lack of special characters from the Swedish alphabet.

"Alo" appears on the graphics on their older loaders in North America.

/ Loaders, Woods & Alo/Quicke for NH TN90F tractor #16  

"Alo" appears on the graphics on their older loaders in North America.
Funny, are they afraid of displaying their real name?
On their corporate website it mostly written properly, but in an announcement concerning USA it's written as Alo.
Alo-invest-Tennesee-USA-and-China - alo.se

/ Loaders, Woods & Alo/Quicke for NH TN90F tractor #17  

And btw as a sidenote. I don't know where the inventor got it from but literary the name translates to "eel island" (words can be concatenated in the Swedish language, so I had to separate it for google translate to understand:
Google Translate ).
There is one real island in the Stockholm archipelago called that.