Front-End Loader Loaders

/ Loaders #1  

klm

Silver Member
Tractor
Allis D17 CIH D40, JD5310, Massimo MS50010
I can't believe all the people that never remove their loader, I love my loader and use it a lot, but when I'm doing anything else especially brush-hogging I remove it.
Am I the only one that does this?

/ Loaders #2  
I can't believe all the people that never remove their loader, I love my loader and use it a lot, but when I'm doing anything else especially brush-hogging I remove it.

Nope........mine comes off for field work and hoggin also. Come to think of it I remove it for snow removal also:D

/ Loaders #3  

klm and kevinj, I'm curious. Why do you remove your loader when brush-hoggin'? I just raise my Loader up so I can get a better view. I think is also helps to counter balance the back end. Anyway, lifting it up is faster than removing it.

/ Loaders #4  
klm and kevinj, I'm curious. Why do you remove your loader when brush-hoggin'? I just raise my Loader up so I can get a better view. I think is also helps to counter balance the back end. Anyway, lifting it up is faster than removing it.

Altex, you should try it sometime. You may never mow with the loader on again.:D I prefer to mow and disk with the loader off also. The tractor feels much nicer with the loader off and you don't have all the loader stuff bouncing and rattling around. If you only do a small area, than I guess why bother, but if you are out for hours at a time, it is much nicer to have the loader off in my opinion. ;)

/ Loaders #5  
Altex, you should try it sometime. You may never mow with the loader on again.:D I prefer to mow and disk with the loader off also. The tractor feels much nicer with the loader off and you don't have all the loader stuff bouncing and rattling around. If you only do a small area, than I guess why bother, but if you are out for hours at a time, it is much nicer to have the loader off in my opinion. ;)

I second (or third) this statement. I remove my loader while bushogging, finish mowing and plowing/discing the garden. I will even remove the loader when boxblading sometimes if I am not going to be moving materials around.

I was reluctant to do so at first until I got a dedicated LEVEL spot for removing and storing the loader and became proficient at removing it which I can do now in less than half the time it takes to swap 3pt. implements. The increased visibility and manueverability are well worth the 3min. it takes to remove the loader IMO. I would also think that over the long haul it may lenghthen the life of the seals and bearings in the front axle...

/ Loaders #6  
I'll 3rd or 4th the motion to remove the FEL - especially for mowing. I use a Woods 990 rfm. Without the loader, the tractor is more maneuverable - feels quicker, more nimble. As MtnViewRanch says - try it, you'll like it.

/ Loaders #7  
On the big tractor I leave the bucket off all the time . on the little one when I get done with the fence the loader will come off.

/ Loaders #8  

Lifting the loader just raises the center of gravity which I do not need mowing around the ditches. Also you are just wearing pins needlessly by bouncing the loader around when it is not needed.

/ Loaders #9  
For me it's more trouble than what it's worth. I may be mowing in the morning and moving hay in the afternoon with only brief stops. As far as wearing pins???? don't see that. If the noise of the bucket banging then I might use a cargo strap to limit movement. But I generally don't mow so fast that the bucket is bouncing around that much.

/ Loaders #10  
On the big tractor I leave the bucket off all the time . on the little one when I get done with the fence the loader will come off.

When you say "bucket", do you mean the whole FEL (disconnecting from the mainframe) or just the bucket?

For those that have the Quick Attach (skid steer type) with the different attachments for the front end, do you guys take the FEL off or just the attachment when brush hoggin/mowin? Just trying to get different persectives.

Anyway, I will certainly try it with the FEL off. Thanks!