Loaning out tractor/implements

/ Loaning out tractor/implements #1  

jesnic

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1500D, Belarus 255AS
How many actually loan tractors or equipment to friends?

/ Loaning out tractor/implements #2  
Seldom get asked, which i think means i got good friends/neighbors? But if asked, don't mind basic tools or even torches.

BIL has used my tractor and BH. He's to be trusted, good operator. Had one guy ask to use the Bushog, small plot. I went and did it myself. but I did explain he'd have to pay next time.

I do have full coverage on the unit.

/ Loaning out tractor/implements #3  
How many actually loan tractors or equipment to friends?
I always 'loan' my stuff to "trusted" people, But I very rarely borrow anything.
To explain further....... The people I loan my stuff to, will repair/replace the tool or implement............I don't borrow(much), because ......even though I repair/replace, I just feel bad if anything happens.
The key is..........if you borrow, you pay for repairs..........if you lend, they do likewise.
Hope this helps

P.S. Read flyingcow's post carefully. Same thing I said, but fewer words.

/ Loaning out tractor/implements #4  
No loaning or renting equipment.

Family may get usage, but normally that means I`m helping anyway. :laughing:

/ Loaning out tractor/implements #5  
My BIL told me he can't wait for the day the "Newness" wears off my new TLB so he can borrow it.....

My reply: The "newness" wears off when the last payment is sent....:laughing:

Basically my power tools (including tractor) come with an operator.....Me..

I do have a neighbor that has a York Rake and I now have the Box Blade, so maybe I'll have to amend my loaning practices......

/ Loaning out tractor/implements #7  
Nope, but I will "help" with my equipment. I don't borrow either.

/ Loaning out tractor/implements #8  
No way hosa,,,remember when I used to borrow tractors,,no way...

/ Loaning out tractor/implements
Ok, I am from the same form. I actually do let others borrow, but only ones that I trust. I really do not borrow from anyone, usually because I am the one that has waht everyone wants. I also figure if I really need it enought to borrow it, I should probably buy it. I did just let one of my close friends borrow two of my tractors to complete some bush hogging and food plot work down on the hunting property. It's 4 hours away and he blew the clutch in his tractor a couple weeks ago. I helped him split it and we are waiting for parts to put back together. Actually, I was supposed to go this weekend for a work weekend on the hunting property, but my kids are home from college for the weekend and I also thought they picked a bad weekend to schedule everyone to work. I am not too worried about my bud, but his son is a little young and inexperienced and he will be riding the JD 935. I did let them both know, if you break it, you fix it and bring it back the same way it left, clean, intact, functional and full of fluids.

/ Loaning out tractor/implements #10  
No, all my neighbors and family have tractors, so if someone needs something done we help each other.