Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.)

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.) #11  
When I was looking for a tractor, I went to their Butler, PA store to look at a SC or compact tractor. I couldn't get any of the staff to even look at me. They didn't even have a brochure available in the rack. My favorite little JD store in Mars, Pa that kept me in parts for my little 210 garden tractor closed up during the JD dealer shutdowns. I bought a Kubota!

Off topic... my car was made in Butler back in 1938... American Bantam

/ Local Tractor John Deere Dealer Closing Doors. (Maple Mountain, Home, PA.)
Wheres the next closest? At least you got Green Farm Parts to fall back on. I guess we are lucky in the midwest. I have 16 JD dealerships within 40 miles of me.

My next closest is either in Frogtown (over by clarion) or new alexandria. Either one is over an hour's drive. The one in new alex might work the best since I have to travel that way for work time to time. The closing doesn't hit me to hard except for maintenance parts. My 24 month warranty is already up but still. Having a dealer located on my way home from work was pretty nice! I do have a kubota dealer about 4 miles away from my barn though! I may have to trade it in once I get it paid off! I need to upsize anyways. As far as expense, this dealer that is going under cut me a sweet deal on my tractor and was one of the deciding reason that I bought from them. I have not bought any JD accessories from them, but I always got my fluid and filters from them. I was also half considering buying a stihl weedeater from them since I bought my tractor there. The Parts counter was mildly helpful, i usually just went it with my part numbers that I needed and they ordered what that they didn';t have on stock for me. I don't trust anyone who works behind a counter for a shade over minimum wage unless they have been doing it for years. I was tinkering with the idea of buying some wheel weights for some additonal ballast and stability but I don't know if I want to pony up the money to a dealership who didn't sell my tractor to me.

Vince, I have driven by that store several times on my way to state college but never decided to stop in there for some reason.