Lock-n-Lube worked well once.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #21  
I have it soaking. It sure was nice the one time I used it. If soaking doesn’t work, I will try to get the jaws out. It came with a spare set. The collar just doesn’t move any so not sure getting the jaws out will help at all. If that fails, the old trash can will get a deposit!

Do as Lee suggested for sure, can't hurt and maybe they will send you a new one... IF it is one they made.
Where DID you buy it from ?

Don't give up so easy.
Contact their tech support and get their input.
It is a good product but all tools will improve with age out in the field.
Your input may help them improve the product down the road as well.

Let us know how this goes.

Ditto, if soaking doesn't work contact them and see about two things, one is where it was made, and then if they are having troubles.

Yep. I paid 30 bucks plus or minus, I can't remember exactly. My package said made in south africa on it. But that has been a while.

I don't remember where mine was made but it WORKS and that is what's important.
I think the cost was around $39.00, been awhile so can't remember exactly.

The output pressure of the DeWalt Grease Gun is around the 10K psi, to me that's a lot, and this Grease Head grips the fitting and holds while the grease gun drives the grease in.

One of my best tools I purchased !

Ltr

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #23  
after using it most of this year only major complaint and irritant is the lever to depress and insert onto zerk fitting.
It would have been really swell Wally if it had been serrated for a good friction surface.
Very irritating when fingers are greasy and thumbs slides off so easily.

Mine, purchased recently, has some texture on the lever. On the back of the packaging it list new features:
Stronger jaws
Longer lasting seal
improved design to eliminate pressure locks
Textured thumb lever for improved grip

The texture is not as good as knurling would be but seems like it should be sufficient.

Mine was also made in South Africa and came with a spare seal kit.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #24  
Looks like I gots nuther winter project.
Break out the dremel tool and grind in my own knurling features to both of them.Bought the long and short one.
Short fat boy has hard time reaching in to grease the shaft for the 3PH lever. SO the long one has a tad better reach. hah.....

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #25  
Just went to Amazon.com, checked out the Lock'n Lubes... Standard Size $30, Expended Size $40, and a couple of Off-Brands for $12. I didn't even recognize the Manufacturers.

K5lwq, How is the soaking coming along ? Seems your $12 purchase wasn't such a good deal... return it or scrap it, and buy a real one.

Not being an PITA but sometime it just doesn't pay to buy China Stuff, knowing or otherwise.

My Son'n Law is going to inherit tools of quality, because I CAN'T buy "China Made Products" and feel I have made a good choice not buying them.

I didn't know there was a longer unit, could help me out, will have to put it on my X-Mas List !

Ltr

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once.
I got it fixed. Post #14 is what I did to get it going.

Mine is the real deal, I bought the long one for $38 from a local supplier that carries them. However, I will call and explain to them what happened this week. Soaking in mineral spirits did not help. Probably would have worked if I had soaked it in penetrating oil.

Stuckmotor got the $12 model and no issues yet.

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #27  
I don't anticipate any issues until I put it on the grease gun and try to use it. Maybe later this week, if something else doesn't come up.
Stuck

/ Lock-n-Lube worked well once. #28  
I have heard everything now. A rusty grease gun. Who would have thunk it.

No worse than an oil pan rusting out or a set of valve covers.