Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #11  
How many have used this with good results? I need to replace waterpump on my JD X475 and wanting a good gasket maker.

Have used the high temp for years for gasket making. Intakes, water pumps ,oil pans, trans pans,Etc.Works great. I like it:thumbsup:

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #12  
I have 16 years as a professional mechanic and I never use RTV. I disagree completely with you about HiTack. Doesn't really matter. We all have our preferences.

Yep, Ive been around heavy stuff for 35 years, everybody likes something different. I'm old school I guess, I like #2 permatex. Works on bolts & gaskets, comes off with brake clean.

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #13  
Did the original pump have a gasket? If the pump was sealed with a gasket, that's all I would use. If it did not, I also have used the right stuff black silicone for years with no problems. I trust it to work if applied correctly. Either way, clean all surfaces before using your sealer of choice. I tend to use the copper high temp for exhaust problem areas but I guess it would work on a pump. It would not be my first choice though. I have not used the blue Loctite sealer but it would probably be fine too.

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant
No original gasket. Was going to get some of the original silicone sealer from JD dealer. After talking to local JD mechanic, he had used the 'Red' Loctite on pumps and complete rebuilds without a complaint yet.

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #15  
No original gasket. Was going to get some of the original silicone sealer from JD dealer. After talking to local JD mechanic, he had used the 'Red' Loctite on pumps and complete rebuilds without a complaint yet.

I dont think its RED loctite as in the threadlocker. Id bet its 518. Its what id recommend and what i used as a mechanic for machined mating surfaces. I didnt post it before because its kind of hard to get. It will only gap fill a few thousandths, so unless its a true machined surface, it may leak

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #16  
I had a motorcycle engine that died when someone used blue to replace a gasket and filled a passageway for oil to the head blocking the oil supply to the exhaust rocker.

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #18  
Hello All,

I used this stuff "McKanica" to reassamble my little Mitsubishi tractor. Less than a $1 per tube/bottle for the 'powered' 6.7 oz size! I'll never buy another gasket ,,:)
I just bought a case box of it. 16 tubes. You end up throwing more of this stuff away than you use,usually . After your project is done,the stuff doesnt have much shelf life once opened, I have found. No leaks on any hydro parts, read end parts using this stuff! , FWIW.

McKanica~Gasket Maker~Silicone Sealant~6.7oz~BLUE~#0304 | eBay

Take Care,
Barry

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #19  
Ok guys...what would be the correct RTV stuff to use on carburetors? (I've seen it done!) :D

RTV gaskets of course:D. On my yamaha water craft. Yamaha bond was used for engine sealant

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant
Put pump back together this morning. Used the red RTV sealer. Been a long time since I had used any RTV. Instructions on tube said to mate surfaces together immediatly and putting in bolts just enough for the silicone to ooze out. Wait an hr. then tighten. Letting it set overnight then add the coolant tomorrow, fire it up and look for leaks hoping to find none:thumbsup: