Log Skidding with DK45

/ Log Skidding with DK45 #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Whew!!! A boom pole for skidding logs? Scary!!! )</font> Larry, the 3pt is not up high, and I tie to the angle iron where the boom begins to go up from the 3pt even with the lower mounts. It is only a little higher than the drawbar at that point, plenty of weight in the loader, and I go SLOW. I would never try to pull a log up high on the boom pole. I've SEEN what that can do! Thanks, John

/ Log Skidding with DK45 #12  
John,
Glad to hear that. It's nice to know that you'll be around here to continue your great contributions! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I just had visions of someone lifting the butt of the logs out at the end of the boom and, while the log wouldn't actually be up that high, the leverage applied by that much weight out on the end of the boom would make it real easy to tip over backwards.

take care,

/ Log Skidding with DK45 #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just had visions of someone lifting the butt of the logs out at the end of the boom and, while the log wouldn't actually be up that high, the leverage applied by that much weight out on the end of the boom would make it real easy to tip over backwards.)</font> How do you think I learned to start tying it down near the angle iron? LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John