Log splitters

/ Log splitters #11  
Welcome to the land of opinions & encouragement!

- Did I read right? A 6" cylinder for the log lift? I used a 3" x 10" stroke because I had one laying around from the 4 bottom plow I no longer use. It is plenty big. 6", major over kill.
- If you use the search bar at the top of the screen to look up log / wood splitters you will find a wide range of pictures to help with designing.
- Have fun & share your pictures as you go. :D

John

/ Log splitters
I am using a 2 inch bore by 6 inch stroke on that lift table. Just got the grate finished yesterday and am waiting for some hydraulic hose fittings to come in. Will start some pictures in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the suggestions.

/ Log splitters
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/In-The-Sticks/115242028562710Felton is about 6 miles south of Dover. I actually live in Sandtown, DE which is about 1/2 mile from Maryland. Our mail comes out of Felton, DE. I live next to a place called "In The Sticks". You can find it on Facebook. They specialize in smoked foods like pulled pork, sausage, ribs, etc, etc. It is all right. See the link above.

Last edited:
   / Log splitters #15  
"Hope I can help others with there splitters with any questions."

Hi I'd sure like to look into that. We use wood for heat during the coldest part of the year. Is there a place to go to see some pics of what you are doing. Been off grid for almost 40 years and like to do what ever I can right here. It's a decent drive to get to stores. Besides they always want money!

Sure glad you stopped by.

Ron

/ Log splitters

Here are pictures of the log splitter. I still have to get it ready to paint and clean up some hoses and fittings.

/ Log splitters
Ron, I don't know if I have the pictures posted correctly but they are located in the photo gallery under my user name of sharp101 or log splitter with 4 way wedge and lift table. Would be happy to help in any way.

/ Log splitters #18  
Ron, I don't know if I have the pictures posted correctly but they are located in the photo gallery under my user name of sharp101 or log splitter with 4 way wedge and lift table. Would be happy to help in any way.

Thank you sharp101, I see the photo gallery at the top of the page. I am continually at how much I can `not see' on a web page.

Goes with the territory I guess.

Ron

/ Log splitters #20  
Pretty nice work for a hobbit! for just about anyone for that matter. In round figures what do you have in it minus your time. And you should get plenty for that.

PowerGenX - Home

This is a link to a friend of mine who is doing some fabrication too. Portable PV system tow it to a sunny spot and put on a concert or do some welding. Not the complexity of your project. He also builds DC generators for battery charging in of grid pv systems.

Ron