Logging started......

/ Logging started...... #21  
Well Woody it appears that your forester is looking out for your interests by managing the sale and harvest of your wood land and you are happy with him. I am kind of surprised that there is a diameter limit though. It usually is always part of the spiel from loggers and timber buyers that have knocked on my door for the last twenty plus years. It sounds like you have had plenty of door knockers also promising to make your woods healthier and you rich. That's why I recommend to you and any other wood land owner to join an organization like New York Forest Owners. They are a wealth of knowledge for land owners and a needed voice in Albany

/ Logging started......
Well Woody it appears that your forester is looking out for your interests by managing the sale and harvest of your wood land and you are happy with him. I am kind of surprised that there is a diameter limit though. It usually is always part of the spiel from loggers and timber buyers that have knocked on my door for the last twenty plus years. It sounds like you have had plenty of door knockers also promising to make your woods healthier and you rich. That's why I recommend to you and any other wood land owner to join an organization like New York Forest Owners. They are a wealth of knowledge for land owners and a needed voice in Albany

Thanks for providing the link for the forest owners association. I will be looking them up. You can never have too much knowledge.