Long distance tractor inspection service......

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #11  
By the time you would figure the cost of your service and shipping it would probably have to be a bigger ticket item to be of any value.

/ Long distance tractor inspection service......
Hey Doc,

With the prices up here and exchange,along with availabilty I think it might work on just about any priced purchase,like BigEddy said. Shipping is something that would have to be paid no matter where an item was purchased from so it becomes a moot point,unless of course you could drive it home....... But distance to the item would probably be the biggest charge on my end. Not too sure if it would work with out a favorable exchange rate or not though......

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #13  
and most importantly, if you're talking about buying a tractor located in Canada and you're in the US, your required to pay tariffs and complete further paperwork ... or hire a broker to handle these items ...

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #14  
woodbeef...... I was thinking of purchasing a cab for my BX22 that is manufactured in Canada by Lorain. After getting the price, I decided that it wasn't worth it. There quoted price in US dollars put the cab price out of site when you add in shipping and assembly. To me, it seems that some of the Canadian companies are trying to get rich on every sale and have lost sight of price vs. value.....

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #15  
I agree with you Junkman. It's not only the canadian companies but canadians in general. I'm not saying anything bad about canadians it's just human nature. It used to be you would get a better deal on horses, cattle, etc. too. But now that the price thing has really caught on you see them adjusting prices to make more from the exchange.

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #16  
Re: Long distance tractor inspection service...... *DELETED*

Post deleted by Egon

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #17  
I really didn't mean anything bad Egon. Heck I would be doing the same thing if the situation was reversed. All I really meant was that I don't think the deals are there like they used to be buying in Canada. If you go to Canada and buy and they don't know you are not from Canada I think you can do ok. But if you're trying to buy from the states and the seller knows that I think people are pretty wise to it and adjust the prices. Just as an example my brother was trying to buy a horse up there. He had the people down to what they said was their lowest price. He has a friend up there that he rodeos with go over and try and buy the horse for him. He wound up getting the horse for $1000 less than they had told my brother was their bottom dollar. A few other people I know had run into the same thing.

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #18  
I won't deny anyone a living, but I would hope that they would price the products so we both can live with the pricing. I also realize that there is a certain amount of design engineering that goes into a product that has to be amortized over the entire run, but it seems that they are trying to make up those costs on the first few sales. I believe that the manufacturer has a choice, produce more and sell at a lower price or produce fewer and sell at a higher price. I am not saying that they should become the cheapest guy in town to the point that they are barely surviving, but some where in the middle of that road. If they can sell it for $3500 Canadian and make a profit, then at least make the adjustment for the US dollar and make the sale.

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #19  
Well forevermore...we can't be satisfied picking on the Koreans, the Chinese, the Indians, the Eastern Europeans...now we have to pick on the Canadians. What is wrong with them raising prices if they want to? Why on earth do so many people on this board feel as though they are entitled to receive low, low prices...you don't have to buy if something is overpriced. If an item is truly overpriced, then there will be no market and the item will not sell, cease to be manufactured, etc. If others buy they item and it continues to be manufactured and sold, then it is not truly overpriced .... just more than you are willing to pay. Case in point: John Deere equipment. Many people say that it is overpriced, yet it continues to sell and provide outstanding service for millions of users. Just because some folks think it is overpriced doesn't mean it is. If the Canadians - and that seems like a really sweeping generalization - want to raise prices for equipment, etc - more power to them. You can show your disapproval of this action by not purchasing said items.

Anyway, that's enough of a rant - I just don't think we should pick on our friends north of the border.

/ Long distance tractor inspection service...... #20  
Allow me to start by refuting the accusation that I was picking on our neighbors to the North, more commonly known as "the Canadians". What I was saying in case you have a difficult time understanding my post is that the Canadians sell the same unit in Canada in Canadian dollars to Canadian citizens, as they want to sell it to me, a U.S. citizen for in U.S. dollars. In both instances the shipping is extra. I was attempting to point out a valid concern of discrimination. Considering your "rant", I must assume that you are not aware of the fact that every U.S. dollar is equal to 70 cents Canadian. That means that if a item sells for $1000 in Canada dollars, that it should sell for $700 U.S. Dollars. This is what I was objecting to.... their attempt to charge more (by 30%) for a sale to a U.S. Citizen than they sell the identical item to a Canadian Citizen for when both sales are equal. i.e. shipped by the factory with the buyer paying the shipping.
I don't appreciate it when someone changes the intent of my post and claims that I am picking on the Canadians or any one else for that matter. I also have no problem with them (the Canadians) raising prices, because that is there prerogative. If they want sales in the US, then they will have to be competitive in the market place. This means that they will not practice discriminatory pricing for a particular Nationality. Would you consider this an acceptable tactic if they were to use discriminatory pricing based on the color of your skin? Furthermore, in the event that you are not aware, the U.S. and Canada signed a trade agreement over 40 years ago that made it easier for Canada to gain entry into the U.S. automotive and tractor market. This agreement was designed to make it easier for them to compete in our economy due to the difference in the dollar. In 40 years, I can't ever remember a time that the Canadian dollar was stronger than the U.S. dollar and if it was, I doubt that it was for very long. All world commerce is based on the cost of goods in the country of origin and adjusted for the payment in the currency of the country that it is going to be exported to.
I believe that you should read what you write before you post it and keep it in the context of the post that you are responding to. As for the "we" in your post, I am not part of it and resent your broad brush attack of me and my post. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif