Long road to home.

/ Long road to home. #61  
Call before you dig varies state to state. In florida they (the utility) is required to locate them for actual excavation work, not just cause your curious. If its a major line it maybe classified as a major or critical installation, which may mean a rep from pipe line has to supervise your excavation in that area. Roles vary a lot from state to state. You can get a ticket from game warden around here if your dig tickets arent up to date. Costs nothing to call it in, and really you should have a locate ticket for yoir drive way. Trust me, cutting 12" down you can hit a lot of stuff. Yes, it should be 36" deep but I have personnaly seen 3 phase primary lines 12~16" deep.

PS, if you cut you own phone line you will never hear the end of it from wife

/ Long road to home. #62  
Thanks Lee,
Our climate is close to yours, the big difference is the soil. We have sand that you can drive on at any time of the year without problem. Our last farm was clay. In the spring a tractor could sink to the axles without warning. In the summer it was like concrete. The rest of the time it was ok.
I will look into the filter fabric and see where I can buy it around here. I have never installed a driveway before, only maintained them. So your posts are helpful to me.
Thanks again.
Don. va3any

Home Depot should have the filter cloth. Or you could go over to Cayuga Materials and ask them where they get their filter cloth. I believe Dufferin Construction owns them now.

/ Long road to home. #63  
Lee,
that is awesome looking bank gravel, pit run in my neck of the woods. Still awesome stuff.
And meat on the hoof right on site. You couldn't ask for a better setup.

/ Long road to home.
Lee,
that is awesome looking bank gravel, pit run in my neck of the woods. Still awesome stuff.
And meat on the hoof right on site. You couldn't ask for a better setup.

Thank you, it certainly is good stuff. Sets up hard, fast.

/ Long road to home.
Got some bad news this morning. My wife's Grandmother, who lives in the house on the property, passed away last night. Everyone is doing ok, Grandma lived a long and good life, 90+.

/ Long road to home. #66  
Sorry for your loss.

/ Long road to home. #67  
Sorry for your loss. I just visited my Mom in Ohio last week. She is 96 and know she won't be with us much longer.

/ Long road to home. #68  
Sorry for your loss.

Eddie

/ Long road to home. #70  
Lee,
My prayers go with you and your family. I'm assuming that since she lived on the property, your grandmother was blessed to have a family who was willing to care for her in her old age.
Obed