Long time Covid 19 episode

/ Long time Covid 19 episode
Glad you and Mrs. on the road of recovery and may it be speedy one.
Thanks to all for the best wishes on our health. Your thoughts were felt and appreciated.

Covid has actually had some side benefits, lost 40 lbs. without really trying. I have a nice monitor taped to my chest, with the correct leads I might be able to diagnose the tractor. Hope you all stay warm and healthy! This latest covid version is a rough one. Take care!

/ Long time Covid 19 episode #12  
Thanks to all for the best wishes on our health. Your thoughts were felt and appreciated.

Covid has actually had some side benefits, lost 40 lbs. without really trying. I have a nice monitor taped to my chest, with the correct leads I might be able to diagnose the tractor. Hope you all stay warm and healthy! This latest covid version is a rough one. Take care!
Yes here is to a continued recovery with no reoccurrances.

Those leads might be able to jump start your tractor, or your tractor jump start you. Take your recovery time easy. Jon

/ Long time Covid 19 episode #13  
covid is a weird thing how it affects people differently and even how it affects the same person differently each time, i’ve have it a quite a few times now but I don’t get much symptoms out of it in general but I did lost earing for a month from it and got some major brain frog but most the other time I don’t know I have it. I am glad you got through it and in a way your lucky to have spend that much time without getting it.

/ Long time Covid 19 episode #14  
Covid, just like the flu, morph with each person it passes through. Even the same flu might kill X person but not Y. The covid we see today is quite different than what we had going around in 2019 and this is why flu and covid vaccination are mixed or made different today. I don't like being sick so I get vaxed! :eek:

/ Long time Covid 19 episode #15  
We weren’t vaccinated here, and have all had Covid twice. Once in 2021, and last month. Luckily both times it was several days of feeling “under the weather”. Most recently it was returning form a cruise the first week of December. I chalked it up to a cold, so I went to work, a week later my son tested positive and so did my wife.
I expect to get it every couple years at this point. We will be dealing with this bio-weapon for a long time. No long term illnesses here, or lasting effects.

/ Long time Covid 19 episode #17  
Its luck of the genetic draw how people react to Covid. Glad you survived the double pneumonia. May I suggest that you and your Doctor develop a strategy of more visitation and a close monitoring of overal health, for the next year or so. Covid can trigger all manner of other conditions, that deal with human immunity systems. I'm not a Doc, but my wife got a very early form of the same family of Virus way back in 2018. This triggered a whole other thing called eosinophilia. But it is a roll of the dice as to what Covid can trigger. Covid is still out there. It didn't go away. We have been reinfected twice since the test kits were available. These infectons had little to no issues as we had done all the available vaccinations. Its this lingering eosinophia thingy that completely changed our lives.

Its not really limited to COVID. All viruses can cause rare immune responses and long term health issues. It isn't that common, but because so many people got COVID it makes it seem like the incidence is higher. Here is an example article discussing influenza specifically. It was published in Lancet. Nothing has really "emerged"....these long term illnesses have been happening to people for decades. It is just that no one paid attention to them.

/ Long time Covid 19 episode #18  
Its not really limited to COVID. All viruses can cause rare immune responses and long term health issues. It isn't that common, but because so many people got COVID it makes it seem like the incidence is higher. Here is an example article discussing influenza specifically. It was published in Lancet. Nothing has really "emerged"....these long term illnesses have been happening to people for decades. It is just that no one paid attention to them.

good post.

/ Long time Covid 19 episode #19  
Covid, just like the flu, morph with each person it passes through. Even the same flu might kill X person but not Y. The covid we see today is quite different than what we had going around in 2019 and this is why flu and covid vaccination are mixed or made different today. I don't like being sick so I get vaxed! :eek:

It is important to remember the cycle of viral vaccine manufacturing. We try and identify likely strains in the Spring of a year...based on historical trends. We add those strains to the vaccine, and it takes until the Faill to ge them manufactured and to the pharmacies/MD offices for admininstration. That means sometimes we guess correctly, and sometimes we dont. So the strains covered in the vaccine can vary significantly from year to year....as well as protection from strains in the wild.

We have been doing this with influenza for decades...the hit rate is anywhere from 20% to 85% effectiveness. Its a broad range yes....but to me better than nothing if you are at risk of a serious infection.

/ Long time Covid 19 episode #20  
It is important to remember the cycle of viral vaccine manufacturing. We try and identify likely strains in the Spring of a year...based on historical trends. We add those strains to the vaccine, and it takes until the Faill to ge them manufactured and to the pharmacies/MD offices for admininstration. That means sometimes we guess correctly, and sometimes we dont. So the strains covered in the vaccine can vary significantly from year to year....as well as protection from strains in the wild.

We have been doing this with influenza for decades...the hit rate is anywhere from 20% to 85% effectiveness. Its a broad range yes....but to me better than nothing if you are at risk of a serious infection.
Yes and covid is acting a bit differently than other viruses. Still getting my vaccination, even if its not perfect. (had 6 so far)