Longevity's Stickweld 250 / my review.

/ Longevity's Stickweld 250 / my review.
While you're talking with the engineering department, ask them if it's OK to run a Tig rig on this machine. :thumbsup:

/ Longevity's Stickweld 250 / my review. #12  
Will do! I am positive a tig rig can be hooked up. We have a customer already do it. It was scratch start TIG.

Stay tuned!:thumbsup:

Yes scratch start. Generally any machine that as a nice arc with 7018 does very well with Tig on steel and stainless steel. The Stickweld 250 has one of the nicest 7018 arcs I've ever seen.
Yesterday when the owner of the machine was running some Lincoln Excalibur 7018 he got several beads that had the old scorpion tail curl. :cool:

/ Longevity's Stickweld 250 / my review. #14  
That is what my initial thought was as well. I would have to ask our engineering department to see whats going on.

I am glad you are liking the unit and thank you for the thread! We have some more interesting stick welders coming.

If anyone out there is good at stick welding and would like to do some instructional videos, we are looking to have those done.

Thanks for the support!

Simon

Hot start and arc force sound like great features. I'm really looking forward to saving enough for a welder and going at it.

Simon, I'm no expert but once I get a welder, I'll probably be doing a few videos. So much can be covered - welder technology, different welding types, welding applications, information on consumables, welding techniques, materials, safety, etc. This field is fantastic and it just seems like the products are advancing by leaps in bounds. Great stuff!

Hot start and arc force sound like great features. I'm really looking forward to saving enough for a welder and going at it.

If you haven't done a lot of stick welding, the hot start and arc force really help with the learning curve. I highly suggest you get a machine with adjustable on both! Don't know how you could tell without trying a machine first, but the hot start on my V350-PRO has a lot more range than on the Stickweld 250. But the Stickweld 250 is a lot better than a sharp stick in the eye!:laughing:

Remember when tacking, turn the hot start down or you'll blow holes in the material! ;)

/ Longevity's Stickweld 250 / my review. #16  
Has this entire area of TBN just become an advertising area for yet another cheap chinese machine?? This is why I won't participate here anymore!

/ Longevity's Stickweld 250 / my review. #17  
If it works, it works. You can't argue that. Brand loyalty means nothing.

/ Longevity's Stickweld 250 / my review. #18  
Has this entire area of TBN just become an advertising area for yet another cheap chinese machine?? This is why I won't participate here anymore!

too late, you just participated... :laughing:

/ Longevity's Stickweld 250 / my review. #19  
the only way to escape advertising is total and complete isolation.
most everything is or has been for sale.
even the Amish advertise their wares.

I started this thread only because I had the opportunity to try a Stickweld 250. Personally I could care less what brand anybody buys. I know what I like in a welding machine, and at this point in my life no body is going to change my mind. I think the Stickweld 250 is fantastic deal for the money! Will it weld as nice as my V350-PRO? Nope, but the V350-PRO is 10 x's the money.