Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #11  
I have a 1526 HST with the loader and the 7ft belly mower. Had 2 hydraulic leaks that were covered under warranty. It will pull a 7ft box blade, as I used it to grade a new addition to the lawn. The tractor is heavy enough for an hinged 6ft offset flail mower. Has been a great machine this far, no other problems.

Hello Diesel Monk, did your 1526 come with the 72 inch mid mount mower deck, or did you have to special order the deck? I was just curious. I have not see any 1526 tractors being sold (online that is) with the mid mount mower, and my local dealer said they could not find any 1526 tractors with the MMM available. I'm glad to hear that your tractor has been a good machine for you. :)

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #12  
I ordered the tractor like that on a red flag event back in February, then wait 4 months to get it. I only found the hydraulic leaks, because it was leaking over the right side of the MMM.

Edit: the MMM and the boxblade is 6ft (72").

Last edited:
   / Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #13  
I ordered the tractor like that on a red flag event back in February, then wait 4 months to get it.

Hey DieselMonk,

That's cool. How does the mower deck perform for you? Does it do a good job of cutting grass? How big of a piece of property do you mow? 5 acres? 10 acres? 20 arces? Does the 1526 seem to have enough PTO power to run that big of a mower deck? I have been curious about this for a while. You are the first person I have seen that has a 1526 with the MMM. Thus the questions. :) Thanks for any info you could provide.

:)

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #14  
The MMM works great, but the 1526 wants to be on full throttle in tall grass with open chute. IT doesn't seem to bog down much. Medium range full throttle, full speed. The high range I find a bit too tall, but the tractor goes faster than one with a 2 range HST. The HST has 3 ranges and it has an oil cooler, so you can abuse it as much as you want. Sure a few HP more would have been nice, like the older model... But in real live you aren't going to notice that in that application. I suppose you can turn up the fuel some. I looked at Max26 (too small), the 1526 (perfect size for what I wanted it for, while it being just little more $$$ than the Max26 and a third HST range) and the 1538 (too big and too much money). I wanted 4wd, a big MMM and be able to pull a 72" boxblade and handle the hinged offset flail mower. I added a second hydraulic remote to the rear.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #15  
The MMM works great, but the 1526 wants to be on full throttle in tall grass with open chute. IT doesn't seem to bog down much. Medium range full throttle, full speed. The high range I find a bit too tall, but the tractor goes faster than one with a 2 range HST. The HST has 3 ranges and it has an oil cooler, so you can abuse it as much as you want. Sure a few HP more would have been nice, like the older model... But in real live you aren't going to notice that in that application. I suppose you can turn up the fuel some. I looked at Max26 (too small), the 1526 (perfect size for what I wanted it for, while it being just little more $$$ than the Max26 and a third HST range) and the 1538 (too big and too much money). I wanted 4wd, a big MMM and be able to pull a 72" boxblade and handle the hinged offset flail mower. I added a second hydraulic remote to the rear.

Thanks again for the info DieselMonk! Carry on about your work sir. :)

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #16  

You skipped the 1533. It has the same engine as the 38 only detuned or some such and it has smaller tires than the 38.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #17  
You skipped the 1533. It has the same engine as the 38 only detuned or some such and it has smaller tires than the 38.

My dealer had back then the e max, max 26 and the 1538 on the lot. 2 were too small, the other too big. I know about tires etc, but it still sits taller than the 1526, while the width is the same, plus it costs quite a bit more than the difference was between the max 26 and the 1526.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #18  
My dealer had back then the e max, max 26 and the 1538 on the lot. 2 were too small, the other too big. I know about tires etc, but it still sits taller than the 1526, while the width is the same, plus it costs quite a bit more than the difference was between the max 26 and the 1526.

I never let what the dealer happens to have in stock steer me away from what I want. I had to wait an extra week or so to get the machine I have but that was OK by me. Mine had a bunch of 33s in stock in all flavors but only 38s with HST and no backhoe so I had to wait to get a gear tractor with a backhoe. Lucky for me the the distributor and a sea of red was just across town, ready and waiting for local pickup so I dropped by for a test drive. At any one time there must be a thousand tractors over there if not more.

/ Looking at a 1526 Does anybody have any opinions or experience with this model. #19  
Haven't heard from the OP for 10 days. Wonder what he decided?