Looking at a DK45SE

/ Looking at a DK45SE #11  
Tire type, ballast amount and type as well as transmission type are all best discussed in the context of specific planned uses.

Plowing: Ags, lots of tire ballast and gear.
Mowing: R4 or turf, little or no ballast and either transmission.
Lots of loader work: R4, lots of tire ballast and HST
General mixed duty: R4, some ballast (mixed fluid, wheel weights plus just keeping something heavy and compact on the 3PT, tranny is personal here but IMO it is notable that very few HST owners wish they bought gear.

What he said ^^

/ Looking at a DK45SE #12  
Nothing againist the MX4800, but it is an economy tractor where as the DKs are a deluxe machine. You will get 8 gears with the Kubota and 12 with the Kioti. That by itself is a good enough reason to get the Kioti when getting a gear machine. Telescoping 3pt link ends and stabilizers are std on the Kioti and an option with the Kubota.

When looking at these 2 machines, really look and compare, not at just the prices, they are very different from each other.;)

/ Looking at a DK45SE #13  
Nothing againist the MX4800, but it is an economy tractor where as the DKs are a deluxe machine. You will get 8 gears with the Kubota and 12 with the Kioti. That by itself is a good enough reason to get the Kioti when getting a gear machine. Telescoping 3pt link ends and stabilizers are std on the Kioti and an option with the Kubota.

When looking at these 2 machines, really look and compare, not at just the prices, they are very different from each other.;)

I just was looking at the DK45, MtViewRanch nailed it. Kioti wasn't even on my radar when I started looking, but the features sold me. I ended up with a CK for size reasons. As for price, 22500 sounds right for a mech tranny. 24K is high, that's what I had for a financed HST with tax. If you want a loader, get the HST if at all possible. The whine only appears under heavy load in M, and at high speed in H, never in L. Little pricier, but worth it with the loader. Traction and power loss is negligible, at least for me. I would say $23500 or $24000 max with loader and HST, 22500 with mech. That's just my experience though, and I'm by no means an expert.

/ Looking at a DK45SE
Based on all the info Ive found it seems like the Kioti is the way I need to go. Main uses will be bushhogging and general light weight work around or 7.5 acres including discing garden areas, moving brush and things along that line. We are fixing to be building a shop and the front end loader will come in handy lifting and carrying material.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #15  
Based on all the info Ive found it seems like the Kioti is the way I need to go. Main uses will be bushhogging and general light weight work around or 7.5 acres including discing garden areas, moving brush and things along that line. We are fixing to be building a shop and the front end loader will come in handy lifting and carrying material.

If you get the DK 45 your gonna luv that 401 loader. 2780lbs of liftoff!!!!!

/ Looking at a DK45SE
The Kioti has so many features that are lacking on similarly priced tractors. The dealer is about 40 miles from me but we are in the country and everything is 10-40 miles from us. One good thing is all the dealers have said free delivery, why wasted my diesel haha!!! Im hoping early to middle of next week Ill be going back to the dealer to make my offer. In the meantime Im gonna gather as much info as I can. Thanks alot for everyones input.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #17  
Have them install some Bucket hooks inline with the loader arms and one in the center.

/ Looking at a DK45SE
Do they charge for the hooks or will they throw them in? Ive got 2 welding machines and was planning on doing them myself along with a ball on the bucket to move my trailer around. Does Kioti typically charge for filling tires? The only tractor I havent compared this one to is Mahindra but we looked there first but not in this range and the sales people, well actually I wouldnt call them that cause a salesman actually tries to make a sell, wouldnt even get out from behind his desk. We had to go in and look for someone for assistance and he didnt offer anything so that dealer kind of left me sour about them. Had heard alot of good things about Mahindra too. Anyway Ive already got a 5' bush hog, 5' box blade, 5' grader blade, middle buster and a tandem 16 cutter disc so with a loader and pallet forks I should be able to tackle pretty much anything that comes my way. I love my Deutz Allis btw and it has been more than capable for the things Ive let it do but I know its limitations and I just need something a little bigger.

/ Looking at a DK45SE #19  
Do they charge for the hooks or will they throw them in? Ive got 2 welding machines and was planning on doing them myself along with a ball on the bucket to move my trailer around. Does Kioti typically charge for filling tires? The only tractor I havent compared this one to is Mahindra but we looked there first but not in this range and the sales people, well actually I wouldnt call them that cause a salesman actually tries to make a sell, wouldnt even get out from behind his desk. We had to go in and look for someone for assistance and he didnt offer anything so that dealer kind of left me sour about them. Had heard alot of good things about Mahindra too. Anyway Ive already got a 5' bush hog, 5' box blade, 5' grader blade, middle buster and a tandem 16 cutter disc so with a loader and pallet forks I should be able to tackle pretty much anything that comes my way. I love my Deutz Allis btw and it has been more than capable for the things Ive let it do but I know its limitations and I just need something a little bigger.

Depending on how much they want to make a sale some dealers may load the tires for free, some may charge for that service.
If it was me I'd make the cash offer and have him include loading the tires, or the cash offer plus a set of factory service and parts manuals (unless you never plan on doing your own work on it). They will come in handy later. I'd also buy my own forks and weld on my own hooks, but that's just me.

/ Looking at a DK45SE
You wouldnt try to barter a set of forks in with the cash price? My plan is 22500 for tractor, fel and forks, loaded tires and now hooks. May be wishful thinking for all but we will see.