Buying Advice Looking at a MF1635 Cab, Power Shuttle or Hydro?

/ Looking at a MF1635 Cab, Power Shuttle or Hydro?
Today I went and test drove the PS and the Hydros. After driving both around the dealer for a while I can see why most of the posts were favoring the PS. The hydro seemed jerky and noisy. I think part of the perception is due to the throttle being connected to the foot peddles. Pressing the peddle to move revs up the engine quite a bit, more than I thought necessary which just added to the noise of the transmission. Letting off of the peddle slowed you down suddenly, something that would be overcome with seat time, but it just didn't feel comfortable to me.

The power shuttle on the other hand felt natural to me, maybe because I'm use to running a gear drive tractor. Everything felt smooth and strong even at low rpms. I tried snail 1 to make sure that it was slow enough to run my rototiller, it was. That's pretty much my only complaint about my JD 770, 1st low is a little too fast for tilling. The shuttle made reversing smooth and easy.

I think I've decided on the transmission, now the joy of negotiation $ will need to begin to see if I get a new tractor or if I have to stay out in the elements on my current ride.

/ Looking at a MF1635 Cab, Power Shuttle or Hydro? #12  
Good luck with your purchase, let us know how you make out. :thumbsup:

/ Looking at a MF1635 Cab, Power Shuttle or Hydro? #13  
I have a shuttle shift on my 2615 and I hate it. The linkages want to stick and I still have to fool with a clutch.
I really wanted a hydro but my model isn't made with it.
I've got a hydro trans on my JD rider and it's great.