Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor..

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #21  
Argue? Is there a new vs old thing here? I think that the guys that like/need high hp almost have to buy used. The stuff is dumb expensive. I just dont like the headache of buying used…i like to make good used equipment. Like my 20 year old massey, it’s been highly maintained and only has 1650 hr. But it is it is 20 years old and will eventually need stuff, rubber and plastic is the weakest part of machinery and does not age well regardless of how well it’s maintained. O rings and shaft seals, from the pto all the way to the ac compressor. Nothing mechanical ages well.
lol, but i didnt realize that was happening.
Yeah no way I can afford 1/4 million dollar tractors, so well used it is.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor..
Yeah no way I can afford 1/4 million dollar tractors, so well used it is.
lol..most the guys that get them around here for grain cant either, especially the young guys trying to lease a lot of acreage. but there’s your future used equipment.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #23  
All kidding aside, the deal is great. Like $15-20k better than all the dealers I’ve been pricing with..

what is stopping me? The tractor is a 2021 according to the back plate. Brazil made.

Went there Thursday dead battery 9.3 hours on the clock..went there yesterday and it sat there idling and has 12.7 hr. Just idled for 3 hours. Engine oil has to be ripe with diesel. paper filters really need changed after close to 3 years.
Walk away, or possibly run if your knees are still good.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor..
lol, knees are great, jog every morning. Plus mx/enduro at 52.

yea, not happy with the idling. Kind of a clown situation..

i still have feelers out to about 6 more dealers…but I’m a w*ore for a good deal! Probably the best part of equipment buying is the wheeling and dealing.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #25  
That Massey ain't hurt. I would buy it.

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #26  
That Massey ain't hurt. I would buy it.
Really? See I think there’d be damage from settin there all those years.
If I’m buyin new I want NEW

/ Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #28  
Really? See I think there’d be damage from settin there all those years.
If I’m buyin new I want NEW

If I can save $15k on a tractor with a few hours on it bring it home and give it the 300hr. service myself, it's a great day. I look for those deals myself. It isn't about how that tractor sat out for 3 years. It is about how it was ran for three years. I'd take a less than 20 hour tractor that I can change all fluids on and have a full Mnfg. warranty on over a 4000 hr., possibly abused, tractor all day long.

If there were issues with it, I could find them in a few hours of running it and it is under warranty.

Last edited:
   / Looking at a new 4710 leftover..$72k *update* bought a tractor.. #29  
Yeah I guess…..never was a big fan of a machine that sat for years. Heard lots of horror stories about failed main seals, other seals, and un lubricated parts rapidly going south when it finally starts getting use.

The other big question you have to ask is WHY did it sit so long? Why wouldn’t anyone buy it?