Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like?

/ Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
What color are factory filters ? Unit has 50 hours does it even matter?

/ Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #2  
white with blue lettering. usually at 50 hours that the first oil change should be done. you can do it if you pick it up. 50 hours to me is like new.

/ Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #3  
That low of hours if it does have the original filters, not that big of deal. Mine were also white with blue when I changed mine the first time.

/ Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #4  
50 hours on a BX is like 5000 miles on a new car. The first service is just now due... To answer part of your question, it doesn't matter.

/ Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #5  
My original filter was blue plastic ends and white filter paper. Now they are black ends. I bought it new in 2001. Now have 1830+ hrs. with no serious problems. Hydraulic lines needed to be replaced in 2011. Used it today for snow clearing and at 26 F it started on the first try. :thumbsup: For summer mowing I now take the 3pt hitch off as it damages anything you want to tow and will dig in when backing down a hill. :2cents:

/ Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #6  
Both of my Kubotas came new from the dealer with dark grey filters. If those are the true 50 hours on that machine, I would jump on it, if it was priced right.

Attachments

• DSCN4138.jpg
    DSCN4138.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
   / Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #7  
AStanton,
Any chance you can film your grinch at night so we can see the wheels "spinning" ?:thumbsup:

/ Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #8  
Unfortunately, no. I took a detour last winter through some back roads, and took this shot and another by some plant nursery. I thought it would go well with a post this time of year. Here's a look at the other shot.

Attachments

• DSCN4137.jpg
    DSCN4137.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
   / Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #9  
I sometimes hallucinate, and think that I'm seeing pink tractors.

Attachments

• Pink Tractor EM.JPG
    Pink Tractor EM.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 104
   / Looking at a used BX this week, what does the factory filters look like? #10  
My rule of thumb is when I buy any used equipment I change all fluids immediately. This gives me a chance to look for contaminates in the fluids as well as a starting point for all future maintenance.

50hrs. is a warm up on that machine. Great find.