Looking at BX2360

/ Looking at BX2360 #21  
On mine the whine is amplified by the hollow ROPS. In the summer my ROPS is not on the tractor and I hardly notice the whine. When I put the ROPS back on for the winter the whine is very loud. I filled mine with expanding foam which helped deaden the whine.

/ Looking at BX2360 #22  
Congratulations on the new tractor. You will enjoy it. I have a BX2660 and a B2320 and love them both.

Arktraveler

/ Looking at BX2360 #23  
I've never run mine higher than 2800 RPM and the noise is tolerable. Book says max horsepower is 2600rpm.
Maximum horsepower on the BX2360's D902 engine is at 3600RPM.

Wrooster

sae-j1349-d902.jpg

/ Looking at BX2360 #24  
scott2360 said:
On mine the whine is amplified by the hollow ROPS. In the summer my ROPS is not on the tractor and I hardly notice the whine. When I put the ROPS back on for the winter the whine is very loud. I filled mine with expanding foam which helped deaden the whine.

That is the first thing I noticed when test driving the BX2660 last fall. I also noticed the whine in the trans just a bit stronger than Deere. I think the Kubota trans operates at a higher pressure or something. Here is an example:

BX2360:
http://youtu.be/-7_5F8PYPxE

1026R:
http://youtu.be/VZ9ilwhQRjI

Sorry I didn't find your thread sooner and add to your buying decision. Congrats on your new Tractor!

/ Looking at BX2360 #25  
scott2360 said:

Filled my ROPS as well. It definitely reduced the whine.

/ Looking at BX2360 #26  
That is the first thing I noticed when test driving the BX2660 last fall. I also noticed the whine in the trans just a bit stronger than Deere. I think the Kubota trans operates at a higher pressure or something. Here is an example:

BX2360:
Kubota bx2360 - YouTube

1026R:
John Deere 1026R 54" QH Blade - YouTube

Sorry I didn't find your thread sooner and add to your buying decision. Congrats on your new Tractor!

Thats a lot more than just "a bit stronger". I can't believe there is such a big difference in whine levels between the two machines. I know they say ALL HST's whine, but honestly I have never really noticed it on my B26. Now you've got me curious. I will have to try it out at some point today.

/ Looking at BX2360 #27  
Congrats on your wifes new tractor. Maybe she will let you use it one day. The Kubota product is a good tractor and will give years of service. Kubota also has an outstanding mowing deck. I have a friend who recently made a similiar purchase. He tried the Kubota, John Deere and Massey. He purchased the Massey 2610. He also thought the "Whine " noise was objectable. He also liked the poistion control on the Deere and Massey. The Massey won the price war. If you will notice in the Kubota - Deere videos the top half of the roll bar is removed from the deere. This could account for some noise reduction. You might checks the bolts at the folding point on the ROP's and insure they are tight. If these bolts are loose the roll bar will vibrate and transmit noise.

/ Looking at BX2360 #28  
BX2360 ROPS is fixed, no folding bolts. Good point about the ROPS being removed from the Deere though. It likely does make the difference, as I too noticed the majority of BX whine coming from the ROPS. Do TLB BX owners notice less whine with their folding ROPS?

/ Looking at BX2360 #29  
BX2360 ROPS is fixed, no folding bolts. Good point about the ROPS being removed from the Deere though. It likely does make the difference, as I too noticed the majority of BX whine coming from the ROPS. Do TLB BX owners notice less whine with their folding ROPS?

Biggest variable in my opinion is whether you're in low gear or high. The whine is much more severe in high gear if you're trying to do any real work, or even climb a hill at insufficient RPMs. I've had a fixed ROPS BX and now the BX25 TLB and never noticed any difference in whining between the two. I can say that when I do start to hear excessive whine, it's a message from the machine to switch to low gear. Couldn't get the video's to load (will try again soon), so I'm wondering if the BX was in high gear and the Deere in low?

/ Looking at BX2360 #30  
When you get to watch them you'll see both are moving pretty quick. I know the Deere was in high, and stays there for most tasks.